Sustainability Senior Manager
Sustainability Senior Manager
A career in our Sustainability practice, within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we’re able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted. Our team helps organisations plan, source, deliver, finance and measure the wider impact of products and services. We’re helping to future proof businesses by making them more resilient and sustainable. You’ll focus on identifying and prioritising sustainability issues, setting goals that support alignment and integration of the sustainability vision into overall corporate strategy, and implementing processes, controls, systems, and dashboards to measure progress for consistent and accurate reporting.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
A career with our Sustainability-Future of Reporting services will enable you to help clients meet evolving stakeholder expectations for transparency on environmental, social and governance topics. You’ll work with clients to understand and navigate reporting standards (e.g. SASB, Integrated Reporting, GRI, TCFD), develop processes, controls and technology to support reporting and provide independent assurance over ESG disclosures to help clients keep pace with capital market expectations.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Economics and Finance, Economics, Economics and Finance & Technology, Engineering, Environmental Law, Environmental Science, Finance, Journalism, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Management Information Systems, Mathematics, Sustainable Resource Management
Minimum Years of Experience:
7 year(s) 7 years of non-financial reporting, consulting and sustainability experience
Before starting at PwC full-time, will have sat for and passed the primary credential exam appropriate for the relevant practice area and met all requirements for certification, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states. Accepted exams are the CPA, CIA, CISA or Sustainability Accounting Standards Board’s FSA Part II exam.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in sustainability, non-financial reporting and consulting on environmental, social and governance issues, which includes a proven record of success leading in the following areas:
- Non-financial reporting,information technology, processes and controls;
- Current and emerging reporting frameworks which may include Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, International Integrated Reporting Council Framework, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, and the Global Reporting Initiative;
- Subject matter specialization to develop or support the development of thought leadership; and,
- Key internal operational processes of a professional services firm, e.g., engagement economics, billing and collection, opportunity and lead management, performance appraisals, time reporting, personal independence and compliance requirements.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in controls around the non- financial reporting and sustainability processes within a professional services firm or large enterprise as a consultant, auditor or business process specialist which includes a proven record of success with managing the following:
- Leading the execution of sustainability related advisory or assurance projects associated with systems implementations, business process transformation projects and external audits;
- Developing relevant subject matter specialization to support the development of thought leadership on sustainability processes and controls and to create tailored solutions for our clients;
- Understanding a client's business and technology to identify, pursue, and ultimately win additional service opportunities;
- Identifying, creating and leveraging relationships to forge new service opportunities;
- Contributing to thought leadership and sharing lead practices on sustainability processes and controls;
- Leading teams to generate a vision, establish direction and motivate members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation;
- Exhibiting deep project management skills, including overseeing the successful execution of project plans, budgets, deliverable s, staffing, billing and collections; and,
- Leading the adaption a work program and practice aid to create tailored solutions for our clients.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoassuranceseniormanager.