Cloud Platform Engineer
Cloud Platform Engineer
PwC’s Cloud Computing and Networking practice helps our clients transform their business through innovative technology solutions and effective IT Service Management. Part of that journey includes helping our clients enable innovation, reinventing their customer experience, and exploring new markets. You will be immersed in a variety of different projects, groups, and locations while getting inspired through your community to grow as an individual as well as a team. Our diverse client service teams encourages out-of-the-box thinking, problem solving, great team mentality and a curiosity for understanding the latest in technology.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
PwC's Cloud Engineering and Security Hub enables us to supercharge business transformation, powered by the cloud. The Hub combines deep cloud talent and business, industry, and technical expertise to deliver cloud-powered business outcomes. Our full-stack cloud engineering capabilities enhance our Cloud Transformation solutions, helping clients unlock the full potential of their IT strategy from App Migration & Modernization, Native Cloud development, through data transformation and beyond.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Data Processing/Analytics/Science, Computer Engineering, Computer and Information Science, Engineering
1 or more SysOps associate-level certifications from AWS, Azure, GCP, OpenShift
Demonstrates some knowledge about the following areas/technologies:
- Terraform, Ansible, Cloud Formation;
- Infrastructure test automation;
- Python development or similar language;
- Kubernetes cluster automation;
- Application management in Kubernetes;
- Infrastructure and application logging and monitoring tools;
- Design Promotion and Release Management cycles; and,
- Build and delivery Pipelines.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team member with:
- Enable the design principles of single click infrastructure deployment across multiple tenants;
- Design Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment pipelines to enable code releases to multiple environments;
- Establish quality, testability, and security of the built and deployed artifacts;
- Participate in Creating Implementation Strategies;
- Build performance and scalability within automation strategy;
- Design and build logging and monitoring strategies as part of the software development;
- Enable continuous monitoring to resolve issues;
- Investigate and find solutions to cloud service issues;
- Improve instrumentation for monitoring and logging;
- Optimize Infrastructure;
- Utilize platform metrics to automate scale and resilient recovery;
- Make the infrastructure as responsive as possible;
- Assist with the design and development of software applications;
- Work with architects and product owners to decompose work into smaller software components;
- Assist with estimation and planning of of software delivery;
- Help architects research and prove out design concepts;
- Work under the guidance of senior and lead engineering architect to enable Cloud services in development environments;
- Perform coding, debugging, testing and troubleshooting throughout the application development process;
- Follow best practices for code commit and code delivery; and,
- Participate in code reviews by receiving and providing feedback on code produced.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.