External Audit Associate - Winter 2023
External Audit Associate - Winter 2023
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Associate’s role in PwC's core assurance services provided to clients is to:
- Participate in all phases of a financial statement audit and audit of internal controls;
- Participate in a wide range of projects; consistently demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative;
- Demonstrate teamwork dynamics through working as a team member;
- Identify and address client needs; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred Cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred Major GPA: 3.3
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers have completed or are in the process of completing their final academic year of educational requirements.
Before starting with PwC full-time, meet all educational requirements to be eligible for the primary credential license appropriate for relevant practice area, such as meeting all educational requirements to satisfy the 150 credit hour requirement necessary for the CPA license in the state in which your office will be located, or provide documentation satisfactory to the Firm that your CPA license can be obtained in the state in which your office will be located through reciprocity based on either a CPA license held, or CPA exam passed, in another state.
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success in financial accounting, managerial accounting, taxation, and financial reporting systems including generally accepted accounting principles and current accounting policies and procedures.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Utilizing problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Interacting with various levels of leadership (client and/or team-based) in both written and verbal form; and,
- Self-motivating and taking responsibility for personal growth and development.
Wonder what it's really like to be an associate in audit? Hear from PwC people doing it right now! https://youtu.be/lWS6J6-Vmiw
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.