Health System Data & Cloud Strategy and Implementation, Sr Associate
Health System Data & Cloud Strategy and Implementation, Sr Associate
A career within Data and Analytics services will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge. You’ll focus on aligning client data strategies to their business strategy. You will assist clients in choosing a platform, defining their data needs and migrating them to a modern cloud data environment using cloud providers such as Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Snowflake, Databricks or Teradata.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
Subject Matter Expertise
- Working with or within a healthcare provider (Health Systems, Provider Practices, ACOs, IDNs, AMCs);
- Working with or within Data & Analytics and/or IT teams;
- Understanding of major use cases driving healthcare provider cloud transformations and advanced analytics (operational, financial, research and/or patient and clinical experiences); and,
- Supporting healthcare provider data and/or cloud technologies strategies (including in subject matter such as Interoperability and Population Health programs).
- Designing and deploying cloud analytics architecture for healthcare provider clients (Health Systems, Provider Practices, ACOs, IDNs, AMCs);
- Evaluating cloud analytics application requirements and providing architectural recommendations for implementation, deployment, and provisioning applications on different cloud environments;
- Advising stakeholders and translating business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable cloud analytic solutions;
- Providing provider clients guidance on leading practices on architectural design across multiple applications; and,
- Understanding of hybrid architecture using different technologies, including aspects like compute, network, storage, and security.
- Understanding and experience with either AWS, GCP, MS Azure, Databricks and/or Snowflake and related products in the Big Data ecosystem;
- Designing and developing data pipelines for loading to and extracting data from diverse source systems into cloud platforms;
- Understanding of one or more EMRs/EHRs like EPIC, Cerner, Allscripts, Athena Health etc;
- Understanding of healthcare data and data integration patterns;
- Implementing data intelligence solution using Snowflake or other cloud data platforms;
- Demonstrating proficiency in SQL and ETL processes, ETL and DB performance tuning, table partitioning, shell scripting, driving prototypes and POCs;
- Setting up infrastructure for data visualization tools like Tableau, Qlikview etc; and,
- Demonstrating proficiency with PowerPoint and/or Google Slides.
Demonstrates extensive-level abilities with success managing efforts the identification and addressing of client needs:
- Demonstrating prior Big 4 consulting experience in strategy through execution projects;
- Managing large cloud analytics program implementation in an agile product development environment;
- Working closely with business stakeholders to define and refine the cloud analytics solution to achieve company product and business objectives;
- Collaborating with technology teams and architects to define and develop technology stack interactions;
- Working with teams of cloud administrators, cloud DBAs, and clients to implement analytics solutions;
- Working with the cross functional teams team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development processes;
- Understanding of relevant operating models to support healthcare data and IT organizations;
- Demonstrating critical thinking and problem solving methods and skills; and,
- Using appropriate facilitation techniques to gain agreement or move others to action.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniorassociate.