Duck Creek Dev Lead - Senior ManagerJob Category Functional and Industry Technologies Line of Service Consulting Services Level Senior Manager Specialty/Competency Guidewire Industry/Sector Insurance Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 80% Job ID 415035WD Location(s) NC-Charlotte, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, OH-Columbus, TX-Dallas, CA-Los Angeles, WI-Milwaukee, CO-Denver, MA-Boston, NY-New York, NJ-Florham Park, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, PA-Philadelphia, AZ-Phoenix, PA-Pittsburgh, CT-Hartford
A career within Functional and Industry Technologies services will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients’ user experience. As part of our team, you’ll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Education, certifications and/or experience in Duck Creek policy, billing or claims.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Knowledge of P&C Insurance domain (Policy, Claims, and Billing applications as per product requirements); and,
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in Duck Creek including Duck Creek Policy, Billing, Claims and/or Insights, Duck Creek Author, Express, Server, User Admin and TransAct, Duck Creek Manuscript configuration, Duck Creek API / Duck Creek Integrations, Duck Creek user interface development, Duck Creek Data shredding, SQL Server, XML.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success managing teams and executing the following areas:
- Designing, developing, modifying, and deploying software using proven programming concepts, design standards and best practices;
- Planning, designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and maintaining configurations and code within Duck Creek Policy, Billing and/or Claims;
- Planning, designing, developing, modifying, testing, debugging, and maintaining Duck Creek user interfaces;
- Resolving issues identified during testing of the configuration requirements;
- Handling the responsibility of organizing code merges and environment management tasks;
- Performing minor and major Duck Creek software upgrades;
- Working a Middleware platform like Websphere ESB, MuleSoft, Webmethods or a similar software platform;
- Working on various data structures and platforms from legacy flat files to complex relational models;
- Implementing integration modules that can be reused, ensuring loose coupling as well as easy scalability of various systems and its components;
- Developing unit tests for testing business logic; and,
- Planning, designing, development, modifying, testing, debugging and maintaining servers that integrate to and from Duck Creek products.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record success in the following areas:
- Working with a development team using Agile methodology, version control, and release management to deliver user stories and ultimately software;
- Managing projects, programs, and teams of various sizes;
- Leading a team of developers and working with both onshore & offshore teams in different time zones;
- Architecting and creating solution designs and effectively presenting solution architecture with various options and estimates;
- Assisting in code reviews, code cleanups and helping to perform sprint demos;
- Utilizing technical experiences to build and maintain integrations for multi-platform applications; and,
- Designing, developing and deploying complex integrations working with Duck Creek software and multi-tier applications and systems.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisoryseniormanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live anywhere and work for PwC
We’ve introduced a hybrid work model with three ways of working: virtual, flex and in-person.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.