Digital Assurance & Transparency (DAT) Intern - Summer 2025 - Destination CPAJob Category Digital Assurance and Transparency Line of Service Audit Services Level Intern Job Type Intern Time Type Full-time Travel Requirements Up to 100% Start Year 2025 Job ID 952301USEIB Location(s) AR-Fayetteville, AZ-Phoenix, CA-Irvine, CA-Los Angeles, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, CA-Silicon Valley, CO-Denver, CT-Hartford, CT-Stamford, DC-Washington, FL-Miami, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, MA-Boston, MD-Baltimore, MI-Detroit, MN-Minneapolis, MO-Kansas City, MO-St. Louis, NC-Charlotte, NC-Raleigh, NJ-Florham Park, NY-Buffalo, NY-New York, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Cleveland, OH-Columbus, OH-Toledo, OR-Portland, PA-Philadelphia, PA-Pittsburgh, TN-Nashville, TX-Austin, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston, VA-Richmond, WA-Seattle, WI-Milwaukee
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
An Intern in PwC's Digital Assurance & Transparency practice will:
- Participate in select phases of the evaluation of internal controls in support of the external audit, specifically related to information systems and business processes, including planning, execution and completion;
- Proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback; and,
- Demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Management Information Systems, Economics, Business Administration/Management, Business Analytics, Finance & Technology, Computer and Information Science & Accounting
Minimum Years of Experience:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.0
Preferred major GPA: 3.0
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.Certification(s) Preferred:
Before starting with PwC full-time, meet all educational requirements to be eligible for the primary credential license appropriate for relevant practice area, such as meeting all educational requirements to satisfy the 150 credit hour requirement necessary for the CPA license in the state in which your office will be located, or provide documentation satisfactory to the Firm that your CPA license can be obtained in the state in which your office will be located through reciprocity based on either a CPA license held, or CPA exam passed, in another state; or the educational requirements to license for the Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) license.
Candidates for a generalist Intern role within our Digital Assurance & Transparency practice demonstrate some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Understand the broad range of risks affecting companies and management decision making, complex IT environments and/or all aspects of auditing;
- Possess a desire to pursue a career in Public Accounting;
- Have a basic understanding of one or more of the following: application controls, IT general controls, financial reporting concepts and the external audit process;
- Have experience demonstrating problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks;
- Possess an ability to interact with various levels of client and firm management in both written and verbal form; and,
- Possess flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-assuranceintern
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Experience PwC from the inside out
Explore our virtual events series.Learn more
Entry level campus recruiting map
Use an interactive map to search your school recruiter's contact information and explore important dates and deadlines in the recruiting process.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
Top Reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.
Our approach to bringing generative AI to businesses is rooted in building trust and delivering outcomes.