Google Cloud Solutions Architect - Director
A career within Cloud Computing and Networking services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on the joint business relationship between PwC and Google, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and other cloud based platforms to bring new and innovative services to some of the largest companies.
We help our clients adopt the cloud to transform Information Technology, scale and streamline operations and create new cloud based businesses through our strong alliances. You’ll be at the forefront of helping organizations around the globe adopt innovative technology solutions that optimise business processes or enable scalable technology.
The PwC Professional
What does it take?
The PwC Professional gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
It describes the key capabilities needed in order to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today’s changing global marketplace.
Whatever the role, level or expertise you bring to PwC, we look for people who love making a difference wherever they can.
- Whole Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Technical Capabilities
- Global Acumen
Our values and behaviors define the expectations we have for working together and with clients. We all contribute to the culture of PwC. At PwC, we cultivate an environment in which our differences are embraced and our people feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- We act with integrity
- We make a difference
- We care
- We work together
- We reimagine the possible
Benefits / Rewards
We offer comprehensive medical coverage, vision care, dental and health savings accounts.
PwC offers a 401(k) Savings Plan and a Wealth Builder retirement plan completely funded by PwC.
Eligible new parents receive, within the first year from birth or adoption/foster placement, 12 weeks of paid parental leave. Parents have the option to work 60% of hours, at full-time pay, for an additional four weeks immediately following paid parental leave.
Paid Time Off
The Firm recognizes 13 paid holidays and provides extended Firm holidays around the July 4 holiday and Christmas and New Year holiday. You accrue vacation time of between three weeks (15 work days) and one month (22 work days) per year, based upon staff classification and length of service with PwC.
PwC will provide you with a personalized learning experience — using on-the-job training, real-time development, smart technology and data and analytics, giving you customized access to formal and informal learning.
Be Well, Work Well
Through our increased focus on well-being, we are shifting the mindset of how we work. We will provide you with the skills and knowledge to prioritize your well-being with opportunities and resources for your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
A career in our Cloud and Network Architecture practice, within Cloud Computing and Networking services, will provide you with the opportunity to focus on the joint business relationship between PwC and Google, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, and other cloud based platforms that bring new and innovative services to some of the largest companies. We help our clients adopt the cloud to transform Information Technology, scale and streamline operations and create new cloud based businesses through our strong alliances. You’ll be at the forefront of helping organisations around the globe adopt innovative technology solutions that optimise business processes or enable scalable technology. Our team helps organisations transform their network architecture and infrastructure to fundamentally change the role of Information Technology from an custodial asset to an orchestrator of business services. As part of the team, you’ll focus on the architecture of data centres, including the design and implementation of network architecture and information storage to optimise innovation and programme delivery for our clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Google Certified Cloud Architect, Google Certified Data Engineer, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success and specialization in directing efforts in the following areas:
- Working on cloud platform and solutions in infrastructure, Applications or Data technologies (GCP, AWS & Azure);
- Designing and developing large scale data solutions using GCP services like DataProc, Dataflow, Cloud Bigtable, BigQuery, Cloud SQL, Pub/Sub, Cloud Data Fusion, Cloud Composer, Cloud Functions, Cloud storage, Compute Engine, Looker and Cloud IAM;
- Serving as a practice and team leader including enabling teams to generate a vision; establishing direction and motivating members; creating an atmosphere of trust; leveraging diverse views; coaching staff, encouraging improvement and innovation; and, leading by example, while working collaboratively as a member of a team and executing independently;
- Demonstrating proven knowledge related to Cloud Management Platforms, Virtualization Strategies, Automation and Orchestration Strategies, Public Cloud Platforms, Cloud Capacity/Performance Optimization, and Application Migrations to a Cloud Platform with a clear understanding of how an IT organization capitalizes upon technology to enable the business;
- Working knowledge and skills in cloud container services (e.g. GKE, EKS, AKS), storage services (e.g. EBS), and database services (e.g. RDS); digital or infrastructure deployments that includes managing projects related to highly virtualized solutions, digital convergence, outsourcing or systems integrations, network engineering, and cybersecurity;
- Defining cloud adoption strategy and transformation roadmap for large scale enterprise clients;
- Designing, architecting, implementing, and managing cloud infrastructure on leading Cloud platforms Google Cloud Platform, AWS and Azure;
- Defining cloud operating model and managing cloud operations leveraging SRE;
- Utilizing experience with event driven architecture and serverless technologies like Cloud functions, Cloud Run, AWS Lambda, Azure functions, etc;
- Demonstrating proven knowledge in data management with an understanding of analytics and reporting;
- Leveraging experience in database management, migration, and transformation to cloud native DBs like Cloud SQL, Spanner, AWS Aurora, AWS RDS, etc.;
- Understanding of emerging technologies and latest cloud providers (GCP, Azure & AWS) services & solutions; and,
- Using an analytical and data driven approach to drive a thorough understanding of fast changing business.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled or the posting is removed, unless otherwise set forth on the following webpage. Please visit this link for information about anticipated application deadlines: https://pwc.to/us-application-deadlines
For positions in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, or for opportunities that will report to a supervisor, office or other work site in New York State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorydirector