Application Developer .net - Senior Associate
Application Developer .net - Senior Associate
A career in our Digital and Applications Design practice, within Application and Emerging Technology services, will provide you with a unique opportunity to help our clients identify and prioritise emerging technologies that can help solve their business problems. We help our clients design approaches to integrate new technologies, skills, and processes so they can get the most out of their technology investment and drive business results and innovation. Our team helps organisations align their business and operational requirements through the careful design of digital platforms and applications. You’ll help our clients with application optimisation, strategic integration of custom packaged solutions like Enterprise Resource Planning and Customer Relationship Management, and roadmap development.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Demonstrates a thorough level of knowledge with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs involving financial services-related project management support for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas:
- Modern web application development (e.g. AngularJS, NodeJS, Python, CSS3, and Boostrap);
- Mobile application development (e.g. iOS, Swift, Android, Java, Apache Cordova, PhoneGap, and Ionic);
- NoSQL databases (e.g. DocumentDB, Cloud Datastore, and MongoDB);
- API management (e.g. Azure API Management, Google Cloud and Endpoints);
- Cloud-based platforms and services (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, MS Azure, and AWS);
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment (e.g. Git, Jenkins, TFS, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Gradle, and Ant);
- Scripting and Automation (e.g. Bash, Powershell, and Google Apps Script);
- Unit testing through utilizing JUnit and related tools;
- Data Integration Tools including SSIS, Informatica, API Management, Enterprise Service Bus, and Rules Engine; and,
- Source control using one of Git, Subversion, or TFS.
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member, identifying and addressing client needs by providing application development for financial services-related project teams and engagements, emphasizing the following areas:
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative and waterfall to support the success of the larger IT organization;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models;
- Demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
- Displaying the initiative to develop applications in a self-directed and self disciplined manner;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches in order to make recommendations to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
- Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews;
- Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members; and,
- Using robust analytic thinking to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.