Guidewire BA Lead - ManagerJob Category Functional and Industry Technologies Line of Service Consulting Services Level Manager Specialty/Competency Guidewire Industry/Sector Insurance Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 80% Job ID 472537WD Location(s) NC-Charlotte, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, OH-Columbus, TX-Dallas, CA-Los Angeles, WI-Milwaukee, CO-Denver, MA-Boston, NY-New York, NJ-Florham Park, CA-San Francisco, CA-Silicon Valley, PA-Philadelphia, AZ-Phoenix, PA-Pittsburgh, CT-Hartford
A career within Functional and Industry Technologies services will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients’ user experience. As part of our team, you’ll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Guidewire and Scrum Master Certification
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in managing projects related to and/or leveraging one or more of the following areas related to systems configurations within the Insurance industry, including:
- Guidewire Policy Center, Billing Center, Claim Center, Contact Center and Portal;
- GOSU, Guidewire Event and Rules Framework and object oriented programming;
- JAVA scriptwriting, emphasizing hosting and consuming web services that leverage Java;
- Web service hosting and consuming, using Guidewire studio toolkits;
- XML Coding;
- ANT, MAVEN and code repository such as Clear Case, SVN, TFS; and,
- Cogent communication, facilitation, and presentation to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in identifying and addressing client needs by:
- Building solid relationships with clients;
- Developing an awareness of Firm services;
- Communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner;
- Delivering clear requests for information;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and,
- Communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in leading engagement and project teams, within the Financial Services and Insurance industries is preferred.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team member by:
- Understanding personal and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members;
- Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback proactively; and,
- Providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less experienced staff.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in creative thinking and problem solving skills, individual initiative and the following abilities, leveraging MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Lotus Notes and other technologies appropriately to accomplish:
- Communicating in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats including delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts;
- Managing teams and/or workstreams on an engagements, staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital;
- Collaborating with business development teams responsible for writing and presenting proposals to prospective clients;
- Presenting to senior executives, with the ability to develop lasting relationships; and,
- Identifying and addressing client needs while displaying the ability to contribute to the development of a business vision and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorymanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Diversity, equity and inclusion at PwC
Building on a culture of belonging.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
Top Reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.
Our approach to bringing generative AI to businesses is rooted in building trust and delivering outcomes.