Guidewire QA Lead - ManagerJob Category Functional and Industry Technologies Line of Service Consulting Services Level Manager Specialty/Competency Guidewire Industry/Sector Insurance Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 80% Job ID 472541WD Location(s) NC-Charlotte, GA-Atlanta, FL-Jacksonville, IL-Chicago, TX-Austin, OH-Columbus, TX-Dallas, CA-Los Angeles, WI-Milwaukee, CO-Denver, MA-Boston, NY-New York, NJ-Florham Park, CA-San Francisco, CA-Silicon Valley, PA-Philadelphia, AZ-Phoenix, PA-Pittsburgh, CT-Hartford, TX-Houston
A career within Functional and Industry Technologies services will provide you with the opportunity to build secure and new digital experiences for customers, employees, and suppliers. We focus on improving apps or developing new apps for traditional and mobile devices as well as conducting usability testing to find ways to improve our clients’ user experience. As part of our team, you’ll help clients harness technology systems in financial services focusing on areas such as insurance, sales performance management, retirement and pension, asset management, and banking & capital markets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Guidewire Certified in PolicyCenter, BillingCenter and /or ClaimCenter
Demonstrates proven extensive knowledge of leading Quality Assurance and Testing (QA/QT)-based engagements, including:
- Assessing and appraising the maturity of existing test organizations against the full lifecycle of a defined Testing Methodology, identifying and implementing recommendations to lead clients to a higher level of maturity and improve efficiencies, Managing Test Delivery engagements, including Development Integration Testing (Component/Feature Testing), System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Production Acceptance Testing (PAT);
- Managing engagements around assessments, design and implementation, leveraging leading practice application and integration testing;
- Evaluating end-to-end integrated systems and recommending action plans;
- Providing testing recommendations, org. designs and other process recommendations;
- Developing and maintaining high-level design plans for logical and technical IT systems architecture;
- Leading strategic decision-making down to the project planning levels;
- Developing and executing strategic business plans, requirements, and processes across industries;
- Managing technical and business teams evaluating technologies and methods for implementing high-level architectural plans; and
- Providing architectural consulting advice, direction and assistance to Systems Analysts, Systems Engineers and other Systems Architects.
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities with leading QA/QT engagements providing clients with a program, methodology, tools and templates to capture and classify their application portfolios, analyze functional redundancies, assess performance considerations and calculate total cost of ownership, which includes:
- Testing tools certification, SDLC methodology certification (ITIL etc.), Project Management (PMP) Certification, Functional and/or System Test experience; development and review of Test Plans and Scripts, Quality Center and other Testing tools and/or Testing tool certifications;
- Identification and addressing of client needs: building solid relationships with clients; developing an awareness of Firm services; communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner; delivering clear requests for information; demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Proven extensive abilities with creative thinking and problem solving skills, individual initiative and the following:
- As a team leader, generating a vision, establishing direction, and motivating team members; understanding personal and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback; providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less experienced staff;
- Communicating in an organized, knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats: presenting to senior executives, delivering clear requests for information and communicating potential conflicts;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses of large and complex data;
- Managing engagement teams or workstreams, staying educated on current trends and assisting in the development of knowledge capital; contributing to project planning, engagement and budget management, and workstream completion;
- Identifying and addressing client needs while displaying abilities to contribute to business vision development and manage implementation efforts with complex project management capabilities;
- Supporting practice management for a specific operation or process;
- Collaborating with business development teams on proposals.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorymanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Diversity, equity and inclusion at PwC
Building on a culture of belonging.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
Top Reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.
Our approach to bringing generative AI to businesses is rooted in building trust and delivering outcomes.