External Audit FS Talent Hub Intern - Winter 2022
External Audit FS Talent Hub Intern - Winter 2022
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Our Intern’s role in PwC‘s audit services provided to clients is to:
- Supporting select phases of a financial statement audit;
- Supporting select projects; demonstrating creative thinking and individual initiative while working as a team member, building solid relationships with team members;
- Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback proactively; and,
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks while exercising professional skepticism.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Before starting with PwC full-time, must meet all educational requirements to be eligible for the primary credential license appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours for the CPA license, or provide documentation satisfactory to the Firm that your CPA license can be obtained in the state in which your office will be located through reciprocity based on either a CPA license held, or CPA exam passed, in another state.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Information CyberSecurity & Accounting, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems & Accounting, Systems Engineering & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
The Financial Services Talent Hub is a unique practice within our assurance line of service. This group primarily audits clients within the financial services industry including investment management companies, registered mutual funds, large/diversified banks and private equity firms. Our Interns demonstrate an interest in all aspects of auditing and the desire to pursue a career in public accounting.
The FS Talent Hub is based in 3 US cities:
- New York City and Charlotte, NC serving NYC and Charlotte clients; and,
- Denver, Colorado serving clients in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles or San Francisco.
Denver based FS Talent Hub winter interns will travel to Dallas or Houston 90-100% during their internship. FS Talent Hub Associates based in Denver will support clients in Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles or San Francisco, traveling 55% to their work city on average annually. There is a team of associates, senior associates and managers supporting each of these four cities based in Denver.
Charlotte based FS Talent Hub summer interns will complete their internship in the New York office and will be required to live in NYC. Associates will live full time in Charlotte and travel to New York 25% on average annually. There is a team of associates, senior associates, and managers in Charlotte.
Demonstrates basic knowledge of financial accounting, managerial accounting, taxation, and financial reporting systems including generally accepted accounting principles and current accounting policies and procedures.
Demonstrates some ability to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters.
Demonstrates basic experience and proven abilities:
- Utilizing problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Interacting with various levels of leadership (client and/or team-based) in both written and verbal form; and,
- Self-motivating and taking responsibility for personal growth and development.
Wonder what its really like to be an intern in audit? Hear from PwC people doing it right now! https://youtu.be/QwbTCA50d_s
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoassuranceintern.