Azure Architect Sr. Manager (Oil & Gas)Job Category Platform and Integration Architecture Line of Service Consulting Services Level Senior Manager Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 60% Job ID 446198WD Location(s) TX-Houston
A career in our Platform and Integration Architecture practice will provide you with the opportunity to bring our clients a competitive advantage through delivering architecture solutions, governance and alignment during the delivery process, and ensure alignment to the overall project objectives and technology strategy. As part of our Cloud Architecture team, you'll focus on the architecture of data centers, including the design and implementation of network architecture and information storage to optimize innovation and program delivery for our clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
Bachelor's degree or in lieu of a degree, demonstrating three years of specialized training and/or progressively responsible work experience in technology for each missing year of college.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Mathematics, Analytics, Business Analytics
MuleSoft Certified Integration Associate, MuleSoft Certified Developer; Workato: Automation Pro I, Automation Pro II, Automation Pro III: AWS Cloud Practitioner, Associate Cloud Developer; Azure Fundamentals, Azure Developer Associate; GCP Cloud Digital Leader
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Solution Architect to join our team. As a Solution Architect, you will be responsible for developing and designing solutions for our clients to address their business needs. You will be working closely with our clients to understand their requirements, assess their current systems and processes, and develop digital (and sometimes analog - people and process) solutions that aligns with their business objectives.
Demonstrates intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader as follows:
- Lead one or more teams (100-150 people) to deliver overall solution architecture;
- Shape the development and deliver executive communications (VP+) regarding the overall solution architecture;
- Build out teams and grow an architecture practice (mentoring, coaching, etc.)
- Work with clients to understand their business needs and requirements;
- Assess current systems and processes to identify areas of improvement and optimization;
- Lead the design and develop digital and analog (process and people-related) solutions that address the client's needs;
- Collaborate with other consulting team members to confirm the solution architecture is aligned with the client's business objectives;
- Lead the creation of related solution architecture documentation, including technical specifications and diagrams, to communicate the solution to stakeholders;
- Participate in solution planning, scoping, and estimation;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to adjacent project teams (strategy, people, process);
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies, trends, and frameworks to confirm solutions are innovative and effective;
- Build trusting and influential relationships and engaging with vendors and third parties as appropriate;
- Collaborate with architects, other leads and developers to provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards;
- Work independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs; and,
- Design, develop, test and deploy robust products that are fast, scalable and highly responsive.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge and proven success with managing teams and delivering client IT solutions that involve the following data/systems platform architecture areas:
- Architecture frameworks - e.g. TOGAF;
- Tools and technologies at all layers of a digital solution - e.g. user experience, integration, database, business logic, infrastructure, and non-functional considerations (e.g. durability, portability, resiliency, etc.);
- Software and cloud development frameworks and languages - e.g. SAFe;
- Major cloud vendors - e.g. GCP, AWS, Azure;
- Emerging technologies - e.g. GAI, blockchain, etc.; and,
- Multi-channel - e.g. mobile, browser, thick client, and other types of solution channels/clients.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisoryseniormanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.