Customs & Trade Tax Associate JD/LLM - Summer / Fall 2024Job Category Tax Services Line of Service Tax Level Associate Job Type Regular Time Type Full-time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Start Year 2024 Job ID 497949WD Location(s) CA-Los Angeles
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Invite and give in the moment feedback in a constructive manner.
- Share and collaborate effectively with others.
- Identify and make suggestions for improvements when problems and/or opportunities arise.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Follow risk management and compliance procedures.
- Keep up-to-date with developments in area of specialism.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in the materials I produce.
- Build and maintain an internal and external network.
- Seek opportunities to learn about how PwC works as a global network of firms.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The role helps our clients with customs duty planning and strategy, customs regulatory compliance, processes and controls, and the design and deployment of technology related to global trade.
Our team helps clients develop scalable solutions to address the customs regulatory compliance needs of corporations, partnerships, and other business entities.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success, as both an individual contributor and team member, with identifying and addressing client needs including:
- Interest in international business transactions and supply chain considerations;
- Some ability to conduct independent research of regulatory frameworks;
- Some experience with automation and digitization in a professional services environment;
- Interest in working with large, complex data sets to analyze data, build models and leverage data visualization tools;
- Communicate in an organized and knowledgeable manner in written and verbal formats that reflects ability to effectively communicate observations to internal and external stakeholders;
- Demonstrates ability as a team member: understanding personal and team roles, contributing to a positive working environment by building impactful relationships with team members, proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback, providing guidance, clarification and feedback to less-experienced team members; and,
- Demonstrates some ability to write business documents clearly and concisely.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain Management, Data Processing/Analytics/Science
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred Cumulative GPA: 3.0
Preferred Major GPA: 3.0
Client service associate positions are entry-level roles and job seekers have completed or are in the process of completing their final academic year of educational requirements (JD or LLM).
Demonstrates some interest in the practical implications of the global trade environment and US Customs and Border Protection procedures and regulatory framework.
Demonstrates some ability to analyze client internal control practices and evaluate client compliance with import control regulatory requirements.
Demonstrates some interest in international trade and US Customs issues such as Duty Drawback, Harmonized Tariff Classification System, customs valuation, preferential trade agreements and Rules of Origin.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success identifying and addressing client needs such as:
- Building impactful relationships with clients;
- Developing an awareness of Firm services;
- Communicating with the client in an organized and knowledgeable manner;
- Delivering clear requests for information;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks; and,
- Communicating potential conflicts to a supervisor.
Demonstrates some ability to work independently and engage in critical analysis of complex information and to articulate thoughts succinctly and in an organized manner. We are transforming the way we deliver tax services
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, or for opportunities that will report to a supervisor, office or other work site in New York State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-taxassociate
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Experience PwC from the inside out
Explore our virtual events series.Learn more
Entry level campus recruiting map
Use an interactive map to search your school recruiter's contact information and explore important dates and deadlines in the recruiting process.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
Top Reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.
Our approach to bringing generative AI to businesses is rooted in building trust and delivering outcomes.