Management Consulting Intern - Actuaries - Summer 2024 - Women's Consulting ExperienceJob Category People and Organisation Level Intern Job Type Intern Time Type Full-time Travel Requirements Up to 100% Start Year 2024 Job ID 404449WD Location(s) CA-Los Angeles, CA-San Francisco, CO-Denver, DC-Washington, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, MA-Boston, NY-New York, PA-Philadelphia, TX-Austin, TX-Dallas, TX-Houston, WA-Seattle, US-Remote
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC People & Organization provides unparalleled technical specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Other
Additional Educational Requirements:
Other quantitative majors may be considered.
The Women's Consulting Experience (WCE) program is eligible to students who self-identify as female and 1) are currently enrolled sophomores in a four-year degree program or juniors in a five-year degree program, and 2) are not current or prior PwC interns.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success with identifying and addressing client needs by:
- Demonstrating creative thinking, flexibility, and individual initiative;
- Contributing to collaborative teamwork, through working effectively as a team member and understanding personal and team roles;
- Building positive working relationships with team members;
- Seeking guidance, clarification and feedback proactively;
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks;
- Innovating through new and existing technologies;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools;
- Interacting with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications;
- Possessing self-motivation and a desire to take responsibility for personal growth and career development;
- Learning and adapting to current and emerging technologies;
- Possessing attention to detail and ability to produce high quality work products with independence;
- Passing at least 1 actuarial exam, demonstrating commitment to the actuarial professional education pathway; and,
- Possessing prior internship(s) or actuarial-related work experience is a plus.
We are transforming the way we deliver human resource solutions. Find out more about what we do in our People & Organization group on our website at https://www.pwc.com/us/en/services/hr-management.html
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington State, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisoryintern
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.