Merger and Acquisition Tax (M&A Tax) - Senior ManagerJob Category Tax Services Line of Service Tax Level Senior Manager Specialty/Competency Deals Tax Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 427873WD Location(s) IN-Indianapolis, CA-Irvine, FL-Tampa, NC-Charlotte, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, OH-Cleveland, TX-Dallas, CA-Los Angeles, MD-Baltimore, MN-Minneapolis, CO-Denver, MA-Boston, NY-New York, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, FL-Hallandale Beach/Miami, PA-Philadelphia, WA-Seattle, PA-Pittsburgh, TX-Houston
A career in our Merger and Acquisition Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxes, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax solutions. Our team helps our clients with various aspects of a merger and acquisition transactions such as restructuring, divestiture, partnerships and insolvency. You’ll focus on helping clients establish treasury goals, analyse and quantify tax assets, assess tax risks, and model taxable income and cash flow impacts.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Requirements:
A Juris Doctorate (JD), Master of Laws (LLM), or Master's degree in Accounting or Taxation field of study will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor Degree in Accounting
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA or Active Member of the Bar
Demonstrates proven intimate knowledge of, and/or success in roles managing, the performance of financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices including corporate M&A, private equity, post-deal integration, bankruptcy and corporate insolvency as it relates to a global network of professional services consulting firms, including the following areas:
- Tax consulting and planning e.g. analyzing proposed transactions for unusual tax risks for undetermined tax benefits;
- Transaction structuring for tax issues and corporate restructuring e.g. advising clients on tax-efficient restructuring;
- Due diligence e.g. interpreting complex legislative and regulatory actions relating to corporate and partnership transactions, assisting clients with regulatory and legislative initiatives, and preparing for client review submission requests for private letter rulings and technical advice from the IRS; and,
- Strategy formulation and financial modeling e.g. performing financial analyses to assess the tax consequences of specific transactions.
Demonstrates proven intimate abilities and success with managing financial analyses to assess key aspects of M&A practices, preferably for a global network of professional services consulting firms, emphasizing the following areas: Applying and interpreting U.S. federal income tax law as it relates to tax due diligence exercises, including Subchapter C corporations, partnerships, consolidated groups, corporate bankruptcies and insolvencies, tax efficient structuring and use of debt, the reorganization provisions of the Internal Revenue Code, and technical writing and reviewing of opinion letters and memoranda.
Identifying and addressing client needs by building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement; communicating value propositions; managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials; and, leading teams: supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Demonstrates success as tax technical business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Lead as a business advisor, including developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset. Preferred familiarity with a CRM system.
Demonstrates knowledge of automation & digitization and leads by example in a professional services environment including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements; and,
- Utilizing advance pricing strategy through the use of pricing tools and influence a shift to alternative fee arrangements.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-taxseniormanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live anywhere and work for PwC
We’ve introduced a hybrid work model with three ways of working: virtual, flex and in-person.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.