Tax Financial Markets Intern - Summer 2022
Tax Financial Markets Intern - Summer 2022
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Depending on the specific position within Financial Markets, play an integral role as a professional on PwC's Financial Markets team supporting engagements. This will include understanding business objectives of the company, how the scope of services fits in and the skills you will need to successfully perform the work. You will also be asked to help with business development efforts to provide solutions for our clients accessing the capital markets.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Taxation, Accounting, Finance, Quantitative Finance, Real Estate, Hospitality, Accounting & Technology, Business Analytics, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Computer Engineering & Accounting, Computer Engineering, Computer Systems Analysis & Accounting, Finance & Technology, Information Technology & Accounting, Management Information Systems & Accounting
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
Depending on the specific role within Financial Markets:
- A solid understanding of, and demonstrated acumen related to, financial accounting, taxation, mathematics, financial reporting and drivers and concepts in capital markets, financial instruments and real estate;
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and associated controls and processes;
- Demonstrated ability and desire to research and analyze pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Experience demonstrating effective problem solving skills and the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks;
- Ability to communicate and interact with various internal and client stakeholders in both written and verbal form;
- Ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development;
- Ability to innovate through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Experience working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
As an intern, you will work with one of the following Financial Markets business units based on academic background and interests:
Tax/Global Information Reporting
- Assist clients across various industries with implementing successful tax and digitized enterprise wide solutions relating to financial products, financial transactions, and global information reporting; and,
- Provide tax consulting, compliance, technology enabled solutions and financial statement tax provision services for banking, capital markets and insurance clients.
- Provide valuation, transaction analytics and cash flow modelling services across virtually all fixed income asset classes including loans, bonds, asset backed securities and private equity; and,
- Assess enterprise wide impact and design solutions pertaining to financial instrument portfolios around data, controls, reporting, valuation, governance and digitization.
- Advise clients on real estate transactions, operations, governance structures, and other financial matters to enhance their real estate portfolio, including independent appraisal or due diligence services; and,
- Assist real estate users with location strategy assessment, portfolio optimization strategies and perform other buy/hold/lease analyses.
In Financial Markets, our team is leading the way as technology-enabled advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC provides unparalleled technical expertise and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solving our clients’ needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.