Capital Markets Transformation Consultant - Manager
A career within Operations Consulting services will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimize all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programs to drive both growth and profitability.
The PwC Professional
What does it take?
The PwC Professional gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
It describes the key capabilities needed in order to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today’s changing global marketplace.
Whatever the role, level or expertise you bring to PwC, we look for people who love making a difference wherever they can.
- Whole Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Technical Capabilities
- Global Acumen
Our values and behaviors define the expectations we have for working together and with clients. We all contribute to the culture of PwC. At PwC, we cultivate an environment in which our differences are embraced and our people feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- We act with integrity
- We make a difference
- We care
- We work together
- We reimagine the possible
Benefits / Rewards
We offer comprehensive medical coverage, vision care, dental and health savings accounts.
PwC offers a 401(k) Savings Plan and a Wealth Builder retirement plan completely funded by PwC.
Eligible new parents receive, within the first year from birth or adoption/foster placement, 12 weeks of paid parental leave. Parents have the option to work 60% of hours, at full-time pay, for an additional four weeks immediately following paid parental leave.
Paid Time Off
The Firm recognizes 13 paid holidays and provides extended Firm holidays around the July 4 holiday and Christmas and New Year holiday. You accrue vacation time of between three weeks (15 work days) and one month (22 work days) per year, based upon staff classification and length of service with PwC.
PwC will provide you with a personalized learning experience — using on-the-job training, real-time development, smart technology and data and analytics, giving you customized access to formal and informal learning.
Be Well, Work Well
Through our increased focus on well-being, we are shifting the mindset of how we work. We will provide you with the skills and knowledge to prioritize your well-being with opportunities and resources for your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
A career within Operations Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
BXT (Business, Experience and Technology) is a fluid, tailored approach to solving business challenges built around facilitating meaningful dialogue between different perspectives. This is a global Initiative across the firm to bring the best of business, experience and technology teams together to better compete against big consultancies and creative agencies alike.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Additional Educational Requirements:
In lieu of a Bachelor Degree, 12 years of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Operations Management/Research, Finance, Accounting, Computer and Information Science
Additional Educational Preferences:
Degrees in Science or Engineering may be considered.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in the sales and trading, investment banking, and capital markets contributing to or managing specific work streams that involve the following areas:
- Developing and deploying digital solutions of financial services products;
- Operating financial services businesses;
- Interacting with data and data systems including IT tools and technology;
- Documenting and identifying key controls within the transaction lifecycle;
- Gathering process and business requirements;
- Understanding trends of global organizations: and,
- Utilizing pragmatic approaches to achieve sustainable financial functions and operation models.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success leading large teams through the design and implementation of changes to Operations, including people, process and technology including the following areas:
- Leading the delivery of significant business results that utilizes strategic and creative thinking, problem solving, individual initiative;
- Leading project work streams, emphasizing the ability to build collaborative relationships with team members and clients;
- Coaching others including building productive and collaborative relationships with team members and proactively providing and seeking guidance, clarification and feedback;
- Communicating complex information effectively in written and verbal formats to various situations and audiences;
- Conducting and managing market research and quantitative and qualitative analyses, including the synthesis of complex data into meaningful insights and the ability to grasp readily analytical frameworks and employ them effectively to either qualitative or quantitative evidence;
- Leading and delivering projects including bringing together the right perspectives, identifying roadblocks, and integrating feedback from clients and team members;
- Managing delivery from project scoping to conclusion, while consistently keeping the client’s goals in mind;
- Developing and growing team members;
- Demonstrating empathy for coworkers and customers;
- Learning from mistakes and ask for help when needed;
- Believing in the value created by diverse teams and can adapt to a variety of working styles.
- Having familiarity with systems and tools used throughout the trade lifecycle for booking, risk management, clearing, settlement, etc.;
- Having functional knowledge of business intelligence and performance management software tools; and,
- Having knowledge in Capital Markets Strategy and Transformation, Product and/or Service Innovation and Development, including digital solutions, Supply and Demand Planning and Pricing, and Service Operations.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorymanager