Connected Supply Chain - Planning - Manager
A career within Operations Consulting services will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimize all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programs to drive both growth and profitability.
The PwC Professional
What does it take?
The PwC Professional gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
It describes the key capabilities needed in order to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today’s changing global marketplace.
Whatever the role, level or expertise you bring to PwC, we look for people who love making a difference wherever they can.
- Whole Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Technical Capabilities
- Global Acumen
Our values and behaviors define the expectations we have for working together and with clients. We all contribute to the culture of PwC. At PwC, we cultivate an environment in which our differences are embraced and our people feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- We act with integrity
- We make a difference
- We care
- We work together
- We reimagine the possible
Benefits / Rewards
We offer comprehensive medical coverage, vision care, dental and health savings accounts.
PwC offers a 401(k) Savings Plan and a Wealth Builder retirement plan completely funded by PwC.
Eligible new parents receive, within the first year from birth or adoption/foster placement, 12 weeks of paid parental leave. Parents have the option to work 60% of hours, at full-time pay, for an additional four weeks immediately following paid parental leave.
Paid Time Off
The Firm recognizes 13 paid holidays and provides extended Firm holidays around the July 4 holiday and Christmas and New Year holiday. You accrue vacation time of between three weeks (15 work days) and one month (22 work days) per year, based upon staff classification and length of service with PwC.
PwC will provide you with a personalized learning experience — using on-the-job training, real-time development, smart technology and data and analytics, giving you customized access to formal and informal learning.
Be Well, Work Well
Through our increased focus on well-being, we are shifting the mindset of how we work. We will provide you with the skills and knowledge to prioritize your well-being with opportunities and resources for your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
A career in Connected Supply Chain, within Operations Consulting, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients optimise all elements of their operations to move beyond the role of a cost effective business enabler and become a source of competitive advantages. We focus on product innovation and development, supply chain, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations and capital asset programmes to drive both growth and profitability. You'll be a part of a team that helps organisations in transforming their supply chains into a strategic asset. You’ll work with our clients to develop a supply chain strategy, optimise their supply chain footprint and logistics, manage transportation and distribution, and develop an integrated business planning solutions.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Economics, Business Administration/Management, Engineering, Management, Operations Management/Research, Supply Chain Management
Minimum Years of Experience:
Master of Business Administration
Preferred Fields of Study:
Operations Management/Research, Supply Chain Management
Certified Supply Chain Management Professional (CSCMP), American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS), Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader leading teams within a consulting or complex industry environment.
Demonstrates extensive abilities of Supply Chain Planning including demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the following skillsets:
- Defining, designing, and reviewing supply chain planning processes including forecasting, demand planning, supply planning, S&OP / S&OE, capacity planning, inventory planning, and Integrated Business Planning;
- Developing demand plans and forecasts and understanding impact of forecast accuracy on inventory levels, manufacturing costs, transportation costs, warehousing costs and customer service;
- Assessing current supply planning processes and systems, and identify opportunities to improve fulfillment of the demand plans while achieving inventory objectives across the tactical and strategic horizons;
- Developing and implementing of supply chain network planning, material planning and capacity planning optimization (Processes / People / Systems);
- Reviewing Inventory management and optimization strategies (Inventory segmentation, Service level based inventory entitlement modeling. , MRP planning parameter setting, multi-echelon inventory, etc.);
- Understanding of S&OP and/or IBP systems process design and implementation;
- Understanding key performance indicators, roles and responsibilities and tools that support sales and operations planning processes (S&OP);
- Proven capabilities to work with complex planning data and analytical tools (e.g Excel, PowerBI, Alteryx, etc.) to identify planning opportunities, model alternative approaches and build business cases to justify improvements;
- Understanding of capabilities of recognized planning tools such as: o9, Blue Yonder, SAP IBP, Oracle cloud planning, Relex, OM Partners, Logility etc, and the ability to execute vendor evaluations and recommendations for these systems;
- Managing Inventory including tiered inventory levels and cost optimization with respect to customer service performance; and,
- Understanding and executing global inventory management policies that address optimum service strategies for inventory to support customer demand and inventory targets.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and success history with managing the identification and addressing of client needs with a focus on process and technology changes to planning functions by:
- Leading teams to generate a vision for supply chain planning, establish direction and motivate internal and external team members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation;
- Participating in client discussions and meetings, managing engagements including preparing concise, accurate documents, conducting analytics associated with planning processes and balancing project economics management with the occurrence of unanticipated issues; and,
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorymanager