Data Analytics Senior Manager
Data Analytics Senior Manager
A career in our People Analytics and Insights practice, within People and Organisation services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations. Our team helps business leaders design survey programmes that deliver meaningful insight into attitudes and behaviours that will improve business outcomes. Our team focuses on developing and analysing surveys related to workforce, market research, and customer satisfaction to find ways organisations can optimise Human Resources and establish industry leading practices.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Doctor of Philosophy
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Mathematical Statistics, Human Resources Management, Organizational Behavior Studies, Organizational Management, Industrial Psychology, Public Policy Analysis, Data Processing/Analytics/Science
(SPHR), (PHR) or a Masters (Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Human Resources, Mathematics, Statistics or Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Personnel Psychology).
Demonstrates intimate abilities of applying business acumen as a team leader by:
- Managing high performing teams in people/HR analytics and/or consulting;
- Demonstrating expert level communication and client presentation skills;
- Business diligence, financial modeling, and valuation, etc;
- Managing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment and working under time sensitive client deadlines;
- Enabling HR teams to understand patterns and connections within human capital data across functional disciplines to influence business outcomes;
- Applying advanced regression analyses to understand categorical, ranked and quantitative outcome measures with an understanding of regression topics - e.g. multicollinearity, parametric distributions, interaction terms, and link functions (Generalized linear models);
- Designing and implementing strategic workforce planning (demand analysis based on business drivers, granular supply and skill gaps analysis) to guide senior management's customized human resource strategies across business units;
- Researching best practices, trends and performs research and statistical analysis on strategic HR, talent effectiveness and competitiveness questions;
- Identifying baseline metrics for the design and development of accurate dashboards, reports, presentations used to educate, inform, and influence business decisions, thought leadership and support strategic objectives of the organization;
- Using appropriate external benchmarks for workforce metrics and key performance indicators that are linked to business results, identifies risks, insights and develops recommendations;
- Building a foundation of analytical capabilities throughout the HR organization and trains others in advanced analytic methods, as needed; and,
- Evaluating the current state of a client's analytics current state including but not limited to structure, staffing, HR technology, process evaluation, data management, etc.
Demonstrates intimate abilities applying a range of technical, digital, and other professional capabilities by:
- Utilizing a high degree of collaboration, ingenuity, and innovation to apply tools and techniques to address client questions;
- Utilizing data extraction/transformation, analytics, and visualization approaches;
- Utilizing a range of statistical and analytical techniques such as: Natural language processing, machine learning, conceptual modelling, algorithms, statistical analysis, predictive modeling and hypothesis testing;
- Leveraging preferred tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, and PowerPoint;
- Employing business intelligence software (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik, etc.) to turn data into insights;
- Using ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), and having experience with SQL, Alteryx, Power Query and / or other agile technologies preferred;
- Possessing knowledge of and having exposure to basic programming: Python, R, SQL, Matlab, C++, Java, or other languages; and,
- Using and/or having exposure to big data approaches preferred: PySpark, Apache Spark, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL, Azure ML, R, Python, Java, etc.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in working with clients to include:
- Working with management to establish a strategy for each client and project;
- Setting and managing client expectations;
- Determining and managing project deadlines and deliverables;
- Overseeing quality assurance of all project deliverables;
- Developing long-term client relationships and help with business development;
- Coordinating with the project team to establish projects are done on time, within budget and meet client expectations;
- Creating and delivering results presentations to client executives; and,
- Working with management to develop insights and advise clients on industry leading practices.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryseniormanager.