Energy Credits & Fixed Assets Consulting, ManagerJob Category Corporate Tax Line of Service Tax Level Manager Specialty/Competency Industry Tax Practice Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 489445WD Location(s) CA-Irvine, FL-Tampa, NC-Raleigh, GA-Atlanta, IL-Chicago, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, TX-Dallas, CA-Los Angeles, MN-Minneapolis, CO-Denver, MA-Boston, NY-New York, NJ-Florham Park, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, PA-Philadelphia, WA-Seattle, TX-Houston
A career in our Specialised Tax Services practice, within Corporate Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet their tax obligations while managing the impact tax has on their business. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, and profit sharing for partners. You’ll also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals. Our team helps our clients achieve year to year consistency that leaves them in full compliance and with optimal cash savings. You’ll help our clients identify qualifying cash tax savings and refund opportunities as well as gauging the impact of deductions and credits on the effective tax rate.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies. Our growing team of fixed asset and energy transition credit professionals are driving solutions to help our clients unlock additional ROI through energy tax credits generated from capital investments.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Taxation, Accounting, Engineering, Sustainable Resource Management, Environmental Health/Engineering, Computer and Information Science
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA, Enrolled Agent, Member of the Bar, or equivalent approved certification
Additional Educational Preferences:
Other business related fields may be considered (such as, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Quantitative Finance). Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure or equivalent certification.
Demonstrates extensive-level working knowledge with the following:
- Basic accounting (tax accounting preferred);
- Knowledge of Engineering or sustainability projects are encouraged, but not required;
- Understanding of Inflation Reduction Act of 2022;
- Understanding of CHIPs Act of 2022;
- Understanding of Tax Jobs and Cuts Act of 2017 preferred but not required;
- Understanding of Fixed asset depreciation and the ability to properly apply recovery periods for different types of property;
- Identifying between personal and real property and applying the appropriate depreciation schedules for each type as part of a cost segregation study;
- Identifying energy related properties is encouraged;
- Understanding of fixed asset accounting method concepts such as ‘begun construction’ and ‘placed in service;
- Understanding of Accelerated Cost Recovery Systems (ACRS); and,
- Understanding of Modified Accelerated Cost Recovery Systems (MACRS).
Demonstrates extensive-level abilities with the following:
- Identifying and addressing client needs;
- Building, Maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and,
- Preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader including:
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust;
- Seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success including, but not limited to:
- Advising as tax technical business consultant;
- Developing new relationships, making introductions to sell new services and doing so with a "One Firm" service mindset; and,
- Working knowledge or familiarity with a CRM system is preferred.
Demonstrates extensive-level of automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients; and,
- Utilizing digitization tools to reduce hours and optimize engagements.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled or the posting is removed, unless otherwise set forth on the following webpage. Please visit this link for information about anticipated application deadlines: https://pwc.to/us-application-deadlines
For positions in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, or for opportunities that will report to a supervisor, office or other work site in New York State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-taxmanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Experienced recruiting process and FAQ
Learn more about our experienced recruiting process, what to expect during the interview experience, firm benefits and more.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Diversity, equity and inclusion at PwC
Building on a culture of belonging.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
Top Reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.
Our approach to bringing generative AI to businesses is rooted in building trust and delivering outcomes.