Financial Risk - Reg Capital/RWA/Basel III - ManagerJob Category Financial Risk and Regulatory Level Manager Specialty/Competency Financial Risk Industry/Sector Banking and Capital Markets Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 412503WD Location(s) US-Remote, TX-Dallas, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, MA-Boston, NY-New York
A career in our Balance Sheet Management practice, within Financial Risk and Regulatory services, will provide you with the opportunity to help business leaders embed a proactive and dynamic risk management capability and mind set into their corporate business practices. From strategy through to implementation, we help put in place people, processes and technology so they can leverage financial risk management to identify new opportunities and pursue success as smoothly, systematically and sustainably as possible in the face of changing markets, technologies and competition. Our team provides our clients with gap assessments as well as design and implement processes to facilitate asset and liability management, funding and liquidity planning and stress testing, and capital management. You’ll help build tools that enable our clients to efficiently utilise capital and liquidity resources, consistent with regulatory expectations.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
A career in Capital Management, within Financial Services Advisory Risk & Regulatory, will allow you to advise financial institutions on continuing to enhance their stress testing capabilities and responding to regulatory feedback. As clients continue to enhance their capabilities, you will help clients to utilize stress testing as an integral tool for risk and capital management and as a driver of core business insights, rather than simply a regulatory requirement.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Mathematical Statistics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Financial Mathematics, Mathematics, Accounting & Finance, Finance, Financial Markets, Economics and Finance, Quantitative Finance, Banking and Finance, Economics, Business Analytics
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or proven record of success with one or more of the following:
- Banking products and services;
- Macroeconomic and regulatory environment as they relate to financial institutions; and,
- Business process design, modeling, and automation as well as related tools (e.g., visualization, bots).
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success in how to lead or facilitate relevant project management or client consultations in the areas of risk management, emphasizing a combination of some of the following areas by:
- Understanding of risk-weighted assets (RWA) and capital guidelines in the Basel framework;
- Supporting the following as it relates to on- and off-balance sheet exposures: ALM modeling, RWA modeling, reviewing and challenging of balance sheet and RWA model projections under various macroeconomic scenarios;
- Having the ability to develop and document narratives for management and regulatory purposes including capital plan write up, support for model and assumption methodology and results;
- Demonstrating knowledge in capital stress testing processes, other stress testing process or regulatory reporting processes;
- Assessing regulatory requirements for regulatory capital and compliance issues in the banking industry (FRTB, CCAR, ICAAP, PRA, Volker, Basel III etc.);
- Demonstrating familiarity with the application and limitations of risk and reporting metrics used by banks;
- Demonstrating proactive risk management strategies and tools, including risk identification, market risk reporting, limit monitoring/escalation and excess resolution;
- Demonstrating experience with front office systems and market data and understanding of data flow between multiple systems including reporting tools; and,
- Having the ability to obtain, process, and analyze large data sets, including through the usage of SQL, SAS, Teradata and other data analysis tools and understand technical and business requirements in those tools.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and success with identifying and addressing client needs by:
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement, communicating value propositions, managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections, and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials using extensive technical skills in MS Office;
- Communicating complex messages clearly and concisely in verbal and written form;
- Managing client feedback and navigating ambiguous situations to deliver on client requests; and,
- Building relationships with internal and client stakeholders.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and success as a team leader and individual contributor by:
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members;
- Demonstrating thorough ability to communicate project goals and objectives, project status and deliverables, build consensus and present standard industry practices/point of view effectively;
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner;
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues; and,
- Considering cross-cultural differences, seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation, and fostering a global mindset for the team.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington State, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorymanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live anywhere and work for PwC
We’ve introduced a hybrid work model with three ways of working: virtual, flex and in-person.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.