Pharmacy Benefits ManagerJob Category People and Organisation Level Manager Specialty/Competency Benefits Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 40% Job ID 412296WD Location(s) TX-Dallas, WI-Milwaukee, MN-Minneapolis, IL-Chicago, NY-New York
A career in our Benefits practice, within People and Organisation Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients reset their talent strategies and deliver extraordinary business results through their people. We focus on evaluating and managing their unique challenges so our clients can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital. You’ll gain a tremendous depth of expertise in all aspects of human capital, including creating sustainable value through people culture and change, designing compensation and retirement strategies, and improving human capital operations. Our team helps our clients evaluate, redesign, implement and manage their health and welfare and retirement benefits programmes. You’ll help our clients with active and retiree plan performance management, vendor selection, provider strategy, financial reporting and cost driver analysis, private exchange and drug benefit evaluation.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Analytics, Public Policy Analysis, Economics, Finance, Mathematical Statistics, Statistics, Public Health, Health Administration
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or proven record of success as a team leader:
- Managing multiple projects and deadlines;
- Working with management and senior level executives at other organizations;
- Understanding the pharmacy benefit landscape and awareness of the vendors and their products and services they offer;
- Helping identify client issues and resources needed to solve problems;
- Using analytical thinking skills to evaluate analyses for communication to clients;
- Analyzing clients pharmacy claim data to understand historical trends and suggest opportunities to implement savings initiatives;
- Managing projects such as pharmacy procurements, market checks and contract renewals and negotiations;
- Developing detailed project plans and managing to the budget and timeline;
- Creating project specific budgets and statements of work;
- Assisting with the development of client proposals and other sales and marketing materials as needed;
- Building relationships with clients, both internal and external;
- Possessing verbal and written communication skills. Should be comfortable with making presentations to peers and to clients;
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools to provide insights to clients;
- Working independently and within a team; and,
- Being client focused and results oriented.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington State, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorymanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live anywhere and work for PwC
We’ve introduced a hybrid work model with three ways of working: virtual, flex and in-person.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.