Risk and Regulatory - Financial Risk, Reg Capital/Basel - DirectorJob Category Financial Risk and Regulatory Level Director Specialty/Competency Financial Risk Industry/Sector Banking and Capital Markets Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 404908WD Location(s) US-Remote, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, DC-Washington, MA-Boston, NY-New York
A career in our Balance Sheet Management practice, within Financial Risk and Regulatory services, will provide you with the opportunity to help business leaders embed a proactive and dynamic risk management capability and mind set into their corporate business practices. From strategy through to implementation, we help put in place people, processes and technology so they can leverage financial risk management to identify new opportunities and pursue success as smoothly, systematically and sustainably as possible in the face of changing markets, technologies and competition. Our team provides our clients with gap assessments as well as design and implement processes to facilitate asset and liability management, funding and liquidity planning and stress testing, and capital management. You’ll help build tools that enable our clients to efficiently utilise capital and liquidity resources, consistent with regulatory expectations.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Banking and Finance, Economics and Finance, Engineering and Business, Finance & Investment Analysis, International Business, Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Statistics, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Risk Management, Statistics
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in relevant project management or client consultations in the areas of Risk Management, specifically assessing the effectiveness of a client's overall model risk management program, including:
- Demonstrating ability to lead teams and solve complex problems for financial institutions;
- Demonstrating knowledge of macroeconomic, banking industry and regulatory environment as they relate to financial institutions;
- Possessing knowledge of balance sheet management asset liability management (ALM), funds transfer pricing (FTP), capital management, financial performance management and hedging;
- Possessing knowledge of liquidity management, including intraday liquidity management, cash management, cash flow forecasting, and funding planning;
- Possessing knowledge of liquidity risk management, including intraday liquidity management, liquidity stress testing and resolution planning, liquidity requirements under Reg YY, OCC bulletins and Federal Reserve SR letters;
- Possessing knowledge and experience executing proactive risk management strategies, frameworks and tools, including risk identification, risk reporting, limit monitoring/escalation and excess resolution; and,
- Demonstrating knowledge and ability to obtain, process, and analyze large data sets, including through the usage of SQL, SAS, Teradata and other data analysis tools.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in designing and implementing process improvement solutions and analyzing financial and/or accounting environment, leveraging PC applications including MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Lotus Notes, where applicable, including:
- Evaluating programmatic operations and processes;
- Obtaining, processing, and analyzing large data sets;
- Assessing the quality, comparability, and utility of different datasets; and,
- Writing and delivering results to prospective clients or team members.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts in the following areas:
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions; and,
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington State, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisorydirector
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live anywhere and work for PwC
We’ve introduced a hybrid work model with three ways of working: virtual, flex and in-person.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.