Risk Modeling Services P&C - Manager
Risk Modeling Services P&C - Manager
A career in our Actuarial Non Life Services practice, within Actuarial Services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute general insurance advice and consulting services to clients such as insurers, banks, regulators, and third party administrators. You’ll provide advice covering solvency, economic capital, risk management, mergers and acquisitions, company restructuring and risk control, financial modelling, underwriting, new legislation, and the efficiency of claims or reporting processes. Simply put, you might help analyse the impact that new regulation will have on an insurance company’s balance sheet or you could be revising businesses’ projections and making sure they have adequate reserves. Our team advises clients in the general insurance and non insurance industries on regulatory updates and business risks from natural catastrophes to mortgage defaults. We develop comprehensive risk analysis and mathematical models to help organisations enhance their business forecasting capabilities, limit their risks, and use their data informatively to make better strategic business decisions.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Actuarial Science, Statistics, Mathematical Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Mathematics, Economics
Minimum Years of Experience:
Associateship or Fellowship of the Casualty Actuarial Society
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrates intimate technical actuarial knowledge in areas such as loss reserving, ratemaking, and capital management.
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of, and/or a proven record of success in, utilizing detailed analytical and creative problem-solving skills to manage multiple, concurrent projects related to risk analysis and/or financial reporting, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, in one or more of the following areas:
- Reserve analysis; mergers & acquisitions; reinsurance; financial reporting; Statements of Actuarial Opinion; captive feasibility studies; transfer pricing, IRS tax disputes involving insurance reserves, cash flow projections, and funding studies;
- Product design & pricing; regulatory assistance; alternative markets; banking analysis; loyalty programs review;
- Enterprise risk management; capital modeling; and/or,
- Interpreting and consulting on accounting standards (e.g., FASB, IFRS) as it applies to actuarial consulting and risk analysis.
Demonstrates extensive abilities, and/or a proven record of success, in statistical modeling, related applications, and computer applications (i.e. Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word) to conduct analyses and render findings related to traditional reserving or ratemaking, enterprise risk modeling, economic capital modeling, and/or complex model validation, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Leading client projects, understanding a client's business and technology in order to identify, pursue, and ultimately obtain additional consulting opportunities;
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently; to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management, including journal articles, practice methodologies and tools, and the writing and presentation of whitepapers; and,
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust; seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; participating in various staff recruitment and retention activities; and coaching staff including providing timely meaningful written and verbal feedback to foster a culture of development.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoassurancemanager.