Sustainability Senior Associate
Sustainability Senior Associate
A career in our Sustainability practice, within Risk Assurance Compliance and Analytics services, will provide you with the opportunity to assist clients in developing analytics and technology solutions that help them detect, monitor, and predict risk. Using advanced technology, we’re able to focus on establishing the right controls, processes and structures for our clients to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information and assure that information provided to third parties is accurate, complete, and can be trusted.
Our team helps organisations plan, source, deliver, finance and measure the wider impact of products and services. We’re helping to future proof businesses by making them more resilient and sustainable. You’ll focus on identifying and prioritising sustainability issues, setting goals that support alignment and integration of the sustainability vision into overall corporate strategy, and implementing processes, controls, systems, and dashboards to measure progress for consistent and accurate reporting.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
A career with our Sustainability-Future of Reporting services will enable you to help clients meet evolving stakeholder expectations for transparency on environmental, social and governance topics. You’ll work with clients to understand and navigate reporting standards (e.g. SASB, Integrated Reporting, GRI, TCFD), develop processes, controls and technology to support reporting and provide independent assurance over ESG disclosures to help clients keep pace with capital market expectations.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Accounting & Technology, Business Administration/Management, Economics and Finance, Economics, Economics and Finance & Technology, Computer and Information Science, Computer and Information Science & Accounting, Engineering, Environmental Law, Environmental Science, Finance, Journalism, Sustainable Resource Management, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Management Information Systems & Accounting
Minimum Years of Experience:
Master of Arts
CPA, CIA, CISA or completion of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board’s FSA Part II exam
Demonstrated thorough level of abilities and/or proven record of success serving as an individual contributor on engagements related to sustainability and non-financial reporting on environmental, social and governance issues, which includes a proven record of success in the following:
- Utilizing consistent creative problem-solving abilities and consultancy mindsets while working on, as well as researching, problems and/or issues and developing effective solutions for sustainability related advisory or assurance projects associated with systems implementations, business process transformation projects and external audits;
- Understanding current and emerging reporting frameworks which may include Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, International Integrated Reporting Council Framework, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures, and the Global Reporting Initiative;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, building solid relationships with clients, developing an awareness of firm services, approaching clients in an organized and knowledgeable manner, delivering clear requests for information, and demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks;
- Conducting analyses that leverage creative and critical thinking and problem solving, as well as utilizing consensus building to derive solutions;
- Writing, communicating, facilitating, and presenting cogently to and/or for all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management; and,
- Demonstrating flexibility and desire to travel, as client assignments require.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoassuranceseniorassociate.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Please note that, at this time, to be in-person at a PwC office, client location or PwC-sponsored events, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.