Trust Solutions - Tax Senior Manager - Global Information ReportingJob Category Financial Markets Business Advisory Line of Service Tax Level Senior Manager Specialty/Competency General Tax Consulting Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 491314WD Location(s) NC-Raleigh, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Cleveland, SC-Columbia, OH-Columbus, TX-Dallas, VA-Richmond, MD-Baltimore, NY-Rochester, IL-Rosemont, CA-Sacramento, MA-Boston, MO-St. Louis, UT-Salt Lake City, TX-San Antonio, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, CA-Silicon Valley, WA-Seattle, SC-Spartanburg, NY-Albany, CT-Stamford, FL-Tampa, OH-Toledo, GA-Atlanta, OK-Tulsa, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, CO-Denver, IA-Des Moines, MI-Detroit, NY-Buffalo, NJ-Florham Park, TX-Fort Worth, NC-Greensboro, CT-Hartford, TX-Houston, IN-Indianapolis, MI-Grand Rapids, CA-Irvine, FL-Jacksonville, MO-Kansas City, NV-Las Vegas, AR-Little Rock, CA-Los Angeles, KY-Louisville, AL-Birmingham, AR-Fayetteville, NY-Melville, FL-Miami, WI-Milwaukee, MN-Minneapolis, VT-Montpelier, TN-Nashville, LA-New Orleans, NY-New York, OK-Oklahoma City, PA-Philadelphia, AZ-Phoenix, PA-Pittsburgh, FL-West Palm Beach, OR-Portland
A career within Financial Markets Business Advisory services, will provide you with the opportunity to contribute to a variety of audit, regulatory, valuation, and financial analyses services to design solutions that address our clients’ complex accounting and financial reporting challenges, as well as their broader business issues.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
CPA, Enrolled Agent or Active Member of the Bar
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Accounting & Finance, Taxation, Management Information Systems & Accounting
Additional Educational Preferences:
Bachelor’s degree, and J.D., L.L.M. in Taxation from an accredited college/university; or Master's in Taxation (MST) from an accredited college/university
PwC's Global Information Reporting (GIR) practice helps our clients comply with an international set of rules that are focused on information reporting and withholding tax requirements on payments to investors and vendors in line with a global initiative of creating tax transparency and cross-border sharing of information. Our tax practice helps our clients comply with complex information reporting and withholding rules under chapter 61, chapter 3, chapter 4 (Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act - FATCA), the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) and other regimes.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Provide guidance to clients regarding compliance with global tax information reporting and withholding rules;
- Research complex tax issues and reach appropriate conclusions for our clients;
- Apply tax technical skills in reviewing US Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax forms including: Forms W-9, W-8BEN, W-8BEN-E, W-8ECI, W-8EXP and W-8IMY, related tax documentary evidence as well as Common Reporting Standard (CRS) self-certifications;
- Lead staff in preparing and filing information returns (e.g., Forms 1099 and 1042-S), FBAR, and Automatic Exchange of Information (FATCA & CRS) returns;
- Develop innovative technology solutions to increase efficiency, such as digital tools that capture and process information;
- Assist in the development of educational materials for information reporting and withholding requirements for both internal and client workshops;
- Train and manage local staff and contribute to the development of your team’s technical acumen;
- Understand applicable US tax rules and requirements including IRS publications and tax form instructions;
- Execute client engagements to meet statutory, regulatory and project based deadlines;
- Have a fundamental understanding of the applicable US tax rules and requirements including IRS publications and tax form instructions;
- Be familiar with the the requirements under the Common Reporting Standard (CRS) as set out by the OECD and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA);
- Possess written, organizational, and verbal communication skills;
- Possess analytical, problem solving, and project management skills;
- Drive success as both an individual contributor and team member;
- Identify and address our client needs by actively participating in client discussions and meetings;
- Manage multiple client engagements concurrently;
- Have a work ethic with attention to detail;
- Be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Powerpoint;
- Be proficient in Google Applications; and,
- Be willing to travel in a post-covid world.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled or the posting is removed, unless otherwise set forth on the following webpage. Please visit this link for information about anticipated application deadlines: https://pwc.to/us-application-deadlines
For positions in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, or for opportunities that will report to a supervisor, office or other work site in New York State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-taxseniormanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Experienced recruiting process and FAQ
Learn more about our experienced recruiting process, what to expect during the interview experience, firm benefits and more.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Diversity, equity and inclusion at PwC
Building on a culture of belonging.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
Top Reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.
Our approach to bringing generative AI to businesses is rooted in building trust and delivering outcomes.