USOGC Employment Law Group Attorney, DirectorJob Category Office of General Counsel Level Director Specialty/Competency IFS - Office of General Counsel (OGC) Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 492232WD Location(s) NY-New York
A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm’s legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You’ll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm’s client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees. As part of our team, you’ll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You’ll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The employment lawyers provide specialized legal advice on matters (including investigations, pay practices, recruiting, performance management, transactions, policies, procedures, contracts, benefits and immigration matters). The group oversees and provides strategic management of disputes by employees or partners. Employment lawyers provide direct support to business leaders across the segments working closely with People Teams, Partner Affairs, Ethics & Compliance and National Benefits.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
5 year(s) of related legal or PwC experience
Admitted to practice law in New York state and is in good standing.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities and a proven record of success as an employment law litigator and counselor directing efforts in the following areas:
- Demonstrating proven technical acumen, ability to learn quickly and high level of agility to enable client strategy;
- Leading cogently to support analysis of complex legal/regulatory/business issues and providing best-in-class legal advice that is practical, often on a time-sensitive basis;
- Developing recommendations independently and communicating them to high-level stakeholders, demonstrating prudent judgment;
- Teaming and collaborating well with colleagues, clients and counterparties;
- Managing multiple cases/matters/projects and/or teams of internal and/or external resources with care and attention to maintain project management and meeting deadlines;
- Managing pre-dispute and dispute matters to strategic advantage of client;
- Demonstrating thoughtful selection, instruction and supervision of external counsel to drive value from legal spend; and,
- In-house employment law experience (including secondment experience) preferred.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in California, Colorado, Hawaii, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, or for opportunities that will report to a supervisor, office or other work site in New York State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-ifsdirector
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Diversity, equity and inclusion at PwC
Building on a culture of belonging.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
Top Reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.
Our approach to bringing generative AI to businesses is rooted in building trust and delivering outcomes.