USOGC,Technology Transactions Attorney- Senior ManagerJob Category Office of General Counsel Line of Service Business Services Level Senior Manager Specialty/Competency IFS - Office of General Counsel (OGC) Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 418464WD Location(s) DC-Washington, CA-San Francisco, NY-New York
A career in Office of General Counsel, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to be a part of the Firm’s legal department by providing dedicated legal support in the areas of litigation, counselling, and corporate, commercial, and employment law. You’ll play an important part in all aspects of regulatory proceedings involving the Firm and its personnel by supporting on regulatory issues, advising the Firm on matters relating to its operations, supporting the Firm’s client contracting function, and advising on matters related to employees. As part of our team, you’ll help with researching background information related to legal issues and prepare legal documents. You’ll focus on drafting contracts or legal agreements, retaining files of prepared legal documents, and coordinating requests between internal and external counsel.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Office of General Counsel’s Technology Transactions team focuses on crafting, negotiating, and closing the firm’s technology-focused agreements -- both inbound (procurement of technology) and outbound (client-facing licenses). This role primarily focuses on the inbound acquisition of technology that involves critical data and/or will be included in the firm’s client-facing product offerings.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) with at least 3 years of relevant experience advising on commercial agreements involving software and other technology, as part of an IP transactional or technology transactions practice at a law firm or in an in-house environment. Prior professional experience required; the extent, nature and duration of the experience depends upon the role involved.
Member of Bar in State in which position is located.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Interacting with internal clients needing to procure technology, internal product developers, internal sales/client-facing teams, firm leadership, external vendors, clients, procurement offices, and lawyers;
- Having a firm foundational understanding of intellectual property (IP) and IP commercialization, and must be familiar with the entire technology contract lifecycle, from product counseling to post-signature contract compliance;
- Demonstrating experience with various forms of technology, ideally across various industries and market segments, and understanding the landscape for commercializing technology;
- Providing, IP, legal, and commercial guidance to product developers and business owners, and negotiating technology agreements of every kind;
- Possessing experience as a technical professional in technology transactions;
- Demonstrating effective communications skills;
- Identifying and analyzing complex issues as well as synthesizing details for a non-lawyer audience, and providing appropriate legal advice, all on a time-sensitive basis;
- Managing and pivoting among multiple urgent projects;
- Demonstrating strategic and tactical negotiation skills;
- Liaising with multiple stakeholders and driving consensus;
- Delivering unwelcome news in an appropriate and diplomatic manner;
- Acting as an individual contributor, but also within a broader team in a large enterprise;
- Being comfortable with ambiguity; and,
- Being unafraid to challenge the status quo.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-ifsseniormanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.