Transfer Pricing - Senior Associate - Japanese Business NetworkJob Category Transfer Pricing Level Senior Associate Specialty/Competency Transfer Pricing Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 411967WD Location(s) NC-Raleigh, GA-Atlanta, NC-Charlotte, DC-Washington, AR-Little Rock, VA-Richmond, MD-Baltimore, TN-Nashville, MA-Boston, AL-Birmingham, NY-Buffalo, NY-New York, NJ-Florham Park, PA-Philadelphia, FL-Hallandale Beach/Miami, NY-Albany
A career in our Corporate Transfer Pricing practice, within Transfer Pricing services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients develop compliant, tax efficient structures that help advance their business goals. You’ll focus on all aspects of documentation planning, dispute resolution, and advance pricing agreements. Our team helps our clients with a range of transfer pricing solutions including compliance, advancing pricing agreements, and defence and dispute resolution. You’ll focus on helping clients with business transformation that ultimately helps advance their business goals.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Finance, International Business
Additional Educational Requirements:
Other business related fields may be considered (such as, Business Administration/Management, Economics, Finance, International Business, Management, Quantitative Finance). Job seekers must demonstrate all of the minimum requirements are met for CPA licensure per respective state regulations.
Minimum Years of Experience:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Demonstrated ability to communicate (i.e., read, write, speak) with business level fluency in Japanese and English.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Economics, Finance, Public Administration, Accounting
CPA, Member of the Bar, American Society of Appraisers, Chartered Financial Analyst, or Chartered Institute of Management Accountants
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Analyzing economics and the resolution of complex global tax and finance issues faced by multinational corporations including restructuring, divestitures, valuations, and intercompany transactions;
- Managing functional analyses interviews to identify and assess clients' cross-border intercompany transactions; and,
- Performing market studies and industry research.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Understanding comprehensive technical skills, including pricing policies, executing market studies, and strategizing on local-country tax authority transfer pricing audits and advanced rulings;
- Building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections, and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Supervising teams to create an atmosphere of trust by seeking diverse views to encourage improvement and innovation; and,
- Coaching staff by providing timely and meaningful written and verbal feedback.
As a tax technical professional, demonstrates ability to research business and industry trends to develop a point of view to leverage in assisting with proposals, considering opportunities across multiple lines of service.
Experimentation with automation & digitization in a professional services environment including but not limited to:
- Innovating through new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions; and,
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools.
Exposure to pricing, client value and the negotiation process - including reviewing contracts and finding opportunities to introduce new pricing options.
We are transforming the way we deliver tax services. Find out more about what we do on our Tax Career Page at pwc.to/whatwedotax
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington State, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-taxseniorassociate
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live anywhere and work for PwC
We’ve introduced a hybrid work model with three ways of working: virtual, flex and in-person.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.