Deals Capital Markets Intern - Winter 2022
Deals Capital Markets Intern - Winter 2022
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As an Intern / Trainee, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Be curious and try new things.
- Learn about how PwC works as a business and adds value to clients.
- Think broadly and ask questions about data, facts and other information.
- Support research, analysis and problem solving using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Produce high quality work which adheres to the relevant professional standards.
- Keep up-to-date with technical developments for area of specialism.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate confidently in a clear, concise and articulate manner - verbally and in materials produced.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Before starting with PwC full-time, associates must be eligible to sit for the primary credential exam appropriate for relevant practice area, such as having 150 credit hours to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service intern positions are entry-level and job seekers are traditionally either in their 3rd year of a 4 year degree program or in the 4th year of a 5 year program. Client service interns typically join us during the winter/spring or summer prior to their intended graduation year.
The selected individual will participate as a team member with senior CMAAS practitioners and other professionals on a daily basis. This includes demonstrating some knowledge and/or proven record of success in the following areas:
- Performing in-depth client, industry, market, and competitor research;
- Researching, analyzing and communicating the impact of accounting standards and financial reporting requirements to complex deals and transactions;
- Helping clients anticipate and navigate the financial reporting and accounting implications associated with planned or contemplated transactions;
- Working with other professional advisors such as bankers, lawyers, auditors, etc.;
- Identifying and addressing client needs; delivering clear requests for information; developing client relationships;
- Preparing memoranda and/or reports that communicate findings and recommendations to our clients concisely and effectively; and,
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback on assigned projects.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Prioritizing and handling multiple tasks in a demanding deal oriented environment;
- Conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis;
- Researching technical matters, analyzing complex transactions and identifying key elements and issues that are important to reach sound conclusions;
- Understanding the interplay between the underlying economics and intent of transactions and their potential impact on the financial statements;
- Communicating technical concepts in a manner that is understandable to clients and staff; and,
- Conducting independent research and gain an understanding of complex accounting and financial reporting issues.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoadvisoryintern.