While You Work - CPA Acceleration Program Tax Fellow - Summer 2023Job Category Corporate Tax Level Specialist Job Type Regular Time Type Full-time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Start Year 2023 Job ID 363926WD Location(s) AZ-Phoenix, CA-Irvine, CA-Los Angeles, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, CO-Denver, DC-Washington, GA-Atlanta, MA-Boston, MD-Baltimore, MO-St. Louis, NY-New York, PA-Philadelphia, PA-Pittsburgh, TN-Nashville, TX-Fort Worth, UT-Salt Lake City
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Specialist, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Conduct self in a professional manner and take responsibility for work and commitments.
- Flex approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
- Identify and make suggestions for efficiencies and improvements when performing work.
- Take action to stay current with new and evolving technology.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate with empathy and adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders effectively.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Taxation, Finance, Business Administration/Management, Management Information Systems
Additional Educational Requirements:
To be eligible for While You Work, applicants must self-identify as Black or African-American or Hispanic or Latinx, which are traditionally underrepresented racial and ethnic minority groups within the professional services industry.
For more information about these requirements, please refer to PwC’s While You Work website at the following URL: pwc.to/whileyouwork
Minimum Years of Experience:
Before beginning fellowship with PwC, will have completed 120 educational credits toward being eligible for the 150 credit requirement to sit for the CPA exam in certain states.
Additional Educational Preferences:
Preferred cumulative GPA: 3.3
Preferred major GPA: 3.3
Client service fellowship positions are entry-level roles and job seekers typically need an additional 30 educational credits to complete the necessary 150 credit requirement to become a CPA.
Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Leveraging knowledge from all aspects of the assurance or tax profession and possessing a desire to pursue a career in public accounting and taxation;
- Using knowledge of financial accounting, managerial accounting, taxation, and financial reporting systems including generally accepted accounting principles, current accounting policies and procedures, and having general knowledge of federal and state tax laws in business situations;
- Applying business analytics to uncover errors, inconsistencies or opportunities for improvement in a variety of situations;
- Researching and analyzing technical literature, such as tax laws, rules regulations, accounting principles and policies pertinent in client, industry and technical matters;
- Using problem solving skills on business problems with creativity and an innovative mindset;
- Prioritizing tasks and projects, managing multiple tasks with agility;
- Interacting with various levels of client and firm management through both written and verbal communications;
- Taking responsibility for personal growth and development and is self motivated;
- Working in a team environment, and also function independently;
- Proactively seeking instruction, feedback and coaching to improve performance;
- Responding to client and/or team requests promptly and professionally;
- Readily offering assistance;
- Contributing to a positive, collaborative working environment;
- Prioritizing projects and manage multiple tasks with agility;
- Presenting information, both verbal and written, in a clear, concise manner;
- Innovating using new and existing technologies, along with experimenting with digitization solutions;
- Working with large, complex data sets to build models and leverage data visualization tools; and,
- Demonstrating some technical skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) and Google G-Suite products.
PwC’s While You Work CPA Acceleration program is a paid part time fellowship through a collaboration between PwC and Northeastern University. The fellowship combines real work experiences at the firm, as a specialist in Tax or Audit, and a tuition paid, online master’s degree program at the D’Amore-McKim School of Business.
Fellows complete Northeastern University’s academic requirements while working a part-time paid schedule at PwC to gain valuable work experience.
- At completion of the program, fellows will have earned a Master of Science from Northeastern University.
- Participants will have earned credit hours to meet the 150 credit hour CPA licensure requirement.
- If accepted, you’ll join PwC as a paid part-time fellow/specialist in audit or tax, a unique role between the traditional intern and associate levels.
- During your fellowship year, you’ll develop your accounting or taxation knowledge and grow your technical and leadership skills that are key to success in today’s workplace
- Fellows will be paid a salary and be eligible for overtime pay, based on work performed for PwC. Fellows are not compensated for the time they dedicate to Northeastern University’s academic requirements.
- Fellows may be offered a full-time associate position at PwC after the successful completion of the fellowship program.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington State, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-taxspecialist
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.