Acceleration Center - Tax Specialist - Summer / Fall 2023Job Category Acceleration Centre Line of Service Tax Level Specialist Job Type Regular Time Type Full-time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Start Year 2023 Job ID 284411WD Location(s) FL-Tampa
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Specialist, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Conduct self in a professional manner and take responsibility for work and commitments.
- Flex approach to meet the changing needs of teams and clients.
- Identify and make suggestions for efficiencies and improvements when performing work.
- Take action to stay current with new and evolving technology.
- Use tools, techniques and firm standard methodologies to support research, analysis and problem solving.
- Handle, manipulate and analyse data and information responsibly.
- Communicate with empathy and adapt communication style to meet the needs of the situation and audience.
- Manage expectations of stakeholders effectively.
- Embrace different points of view and welcome opposing and conflicting ideas.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
We’re leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitization, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication. PwC Tax provides unparalleled technical knowledge and specialization and industry insights, coupled with the One Firm knowledge that brings everything PwC offers to solve our clients’ needs
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Required Fields of Study:
Accounting, Business Administration/Management, Finance, Economics, International Business, Management, Quantitative Finance, Computer and Information Science
Additional Educational Requirements:
Other STEM related fields of study may be considered
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Accounting, Finance, Computer and Information Science
Additional Educational Preferences:
Other business related fields of study may be considered (such as, Business Administration/Management, Economics, International Business, Management, Quantitative Finance). Job seekers may also be considered provided the anticipated and successful completion of a Bachelor Degree in Business Administration/Management, Computer and Information Science, or a STEM related equivalent field of study within 12 months of hire.
Demonstrates some knowledge and/or a proven record of success performing tax compliance-related processes within a tax services delivery center, preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Setting up the internal technology tools used to manage tax return processes;
- Preparing and filing tax extensions;
- Preparing data on relevant tax forms, reviewing and transmitting;
- Receiving and organizing client data;
- Collecting, verifying, identifying outstanding information, and filing and notifying engagement team when complete;
- Receiving, sorting, processing and inputting external K1 tax return forms;
- Preparing E-filing tax returns, including clearing diagnostics, submission of returns, clearing rejections, filing confirmations, engagement team notification;
- Understanding the process workflows related to work requests from initiation through completion;
- Demonstrating teamwork dynamics by working as a team member;
- Understanding individual and team roles;
- Contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and,
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback.
- Demonstrates some abilities and/or a proven record of success performing tax compliance-related processes within a tax services delivery center, leveraging various technologies such as Microsoft Office suite, tax software programs, etc., preferably for a global network of professional services firms, including in the following areas:
- Utilizing and applying guidelines and learnings to maximize processes and delivery of high-quality results;
- Working independently, prioritizing work, and multi-tasking within in fast-paced environment;
- Performing continuous training to proactively learn new processes, and a general interest in business and working with numbers;
- Applying knowledge to deliver work products and improve processes;
- Providing technical and process support to the Process Specialists related to the execution of work assigned;
- Meeting or exceeding workload balance and utilization targets for the team;
- Understanding and meeting deadlines, including following up with stakeholders, as necessary; and,
- Supporting engagement teams across a US-based professional consulting services firm
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-taxACspecialist
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.