NIS - Security Architecture and Strategist DirectorJob Category Information Security Line of Service Business Services Level Director Specialty/Competency IFS - Information Technology (IT) Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 431499WD Location(s) NC-Raleigh, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Cleveland, SC-Columbia, OH-Columbus, TX-Dallas, VA-Richmond, MD-Baltimore, NY-Rochester, IL-Rosemont, CA-Sacramento, MA-Boston, MO-St. Louis, UT-Salt Lake City, TX-San Antonio, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, WA-Seattle, SC-Spartanburg, NY-Albany, CT-Stamford, FL-Tampa, OH-Toledo, GA-Atlanta, OK-Tulsa, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, CO-Denver, IA-Des Moines, MI-Detroit, NY-Buffalo, NJ-Florham Park, TX-Fort Worth, NC-Greensboro, FL-Hallandale Beach/Miami, CT-Hartford, TX-Houston, IN-Indianapolis, MI-Grand Rapids, CA-Irvine, FL-Jacksonville, MO-Kansas City, NV-Las Vegas, AR-Little Rock, CA-Los Angeles, KY-Louisville, AL-Birmingham, US-Remote, AR-Fayetteville, NY-Melville, WI-Milwaukee, MN-Minneapolis, VT-Montpelier, TN-Nashville, LA-New Orleans, NY-New York, OK-Oklahoma City, FL-Orlando, PA-Philadelphia, AZ-Phoenix, PA-Pittsburgh, OR-Portland
A career in Information Security, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to develop and support our internal security technologies and services across the entire global and local PwC network. You’ll focus on being the forefront of designing, developing, and implementing information technology including hardware, software, and networks that enhances security of internal information and protect our firms intellectual assets.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
8 year(s) in progressive professional roles involving information security and/or IT Risk management.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information CyberSecurity, Information Technology
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities as a team leader, emphasizing the following areas:
- Understanding Information Security Policy and Risk Management principles as they are applied in the support of and integration with key business and strategic priorities;
- Leading and managing others and performing work with significant independence;
- Developing perspectives on technology and data security risks and drafting white-papers or position statements on how to address;
- Developing security strategies to address evolving risks and regulatory requirements around IT and data security and data sovereignty, or providing input to same;
- Engaging business, security and technology stakeholders at all levels to understand requirements, find solutions, and improve buy-in;
- Collaborating with Chief Data Officers to define and develop data protection policies to keep pace with emerging threats and drive data quality;
- Developing a risk-based and data-driven strategy and outcome-driven roadmap for enterprise network security solutions, in partnership with engineering, cybersecurity and operations leaders, customers, and other stakeholders;
- Anticipating resistors and actively converting them to advocates with roles to play;
- Translating requirements, assessing risks and identifying gaps to recommend solutions that guide enterprise security technology decision-making;
- Assessing the robustness of cybersecurity architectures, technologies, and procedures being implemented within organization;
- Providing thought leadership and influencing the security architecture design and development of technologies, services, tools and processes that reduce risks and align to a global central service environment;
- Mapping long term business requirements to security architecture frameworks such as TOGAF, SABSA, Zachman;
- Assisting in planning and executing activities related to risk, control, compliance and internal audit, internal stakeholder engagements in the following areas: IT strategy and governance, IT operations, business continuity and disaster recovery, network and infrastructure security, cybersecurity, cloud and third parties, data management and analytics, emerging technology and digital solutions, IT and transformation programs and projects, application controls, and regulatory/compliance requirements;
- Working closely with the Chief Technology Risk Officer in the coordination and alignment of the above activities;
- Possessing ability to strategically think, assess risks/gaps/opportunities, and recommend solutions;
- Possessing effective leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Understanding of the cybersecurity threat landscape;
- Willing to take initiative, solve problems, and work under tight deadlines;
- Possessing highly effective written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Demonstrating the self-motivated driven mindset with ability to get results;
- Possessing the ability to work well with all levels of the organization in a fast paced, dynamic environment;
- Possessing effective progression in a global organization; and,
- Developing, assessing, and/ or implementing IT Security strategies, architectures, controls, processes.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-ifsdirector
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.