Product & Technology - Cloud Infrastructure ArchitectJob Category Products and Technology Line of Service Business Services Level Senior Manager Specialty/Competency Core DevSecOps Engineering Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 445757WD Location(s) MI-Grand Rapids, NC-Raleigh, FL-Tampa, IL-Chicago, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, TX-Dallas, WI-Milwaukee, CO-Denver, MI-Detroit, MA-Boston, LA-New Orleans, NY-New York, NC-Greensboro, PA-Philadelphia, TX-Houston
A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems; Products and Technology is here to help PwC meet that challenge and accelerate the growth of our business. We have skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists who are using technology to accelerate change. Our team covers a variety of responsibilities that are executed by DevSecOps, Site Reliability and ML Ops Engineers, including: -Defining standard release automation patterns for infrastructure and application components -Defining standard CI/CD pipeline patterns that include a common set of DevOps and SecOps tools -Developing reports and metrics to validate existing and new pipelines use standard DevSecOps tools -Proactive optimization of redundancies, monitoring and alerting practices and patterns -Developing resilient and highly available cloud patterns -Controlling and executing the promotion of code through all environments -Infrastructure as Code development for buildout cloud infrastructure -Building and Releasing pipeline development -Secrets and configuration management -Monitoring systems and services, providing incident and emergency response to triage and resolve system or client issues -Management of the application ecosystem improving platform infrastructure and applications with high reliability, resiliency, performance and quality -Supporting documentation, knowledge articles, and runbooks -Designing, building and Implementing devops patterns that adhere to PwC’s security guidelines and policies.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) of experience in progressive roles managing IT system/software development and project management processes.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Additional Educational Preferences:
Computer Science, or a related engineering field.
Demonstrates intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs:
- Understanding of Cloud Native technologies including OCI/Docker, Kubernetes, and Cloud Administration (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure);
- Driving Dynamic & Static Software Analysis (e.g. Veracode, Twistlock);
- Implementing Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Google Cloud Deployment Manager, CloudFormation, Azure Resource Manager);
- Understanding Cloud Native Cyber Security (e.g. Cloud Secrets Management, Registry Security, Image Signing);
- Leveraging Continuous Delivery within a cloud environment (e.g. Azure DevOps, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Git, Nexus);
- Driving Lean IT principles and data driven approaches; and,
- Understanding of Script languages and automation (e.g. HCL, YAML, Python, Bash, Powershell, Google Apps Script, Groovy).
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader:
- Influencing and leading multiple teams or projects, within Cloud Architecture;
- Building, maintaining and managing DevSecOps aspects of large-scale public cloud infrastructure and services (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.);
- Applying evolutionary architecture principles to secure just-in-time decisions that iteratively reduce technical debt;
- Driving definition of and adherence to non-functional requirements such as flexibility, cost, availability, performance, integrity, and compliance;
- Developing build, deployment, or governance tools in a professional setting or open source;
- Defining techniques and technologies used to secure and monitor cloud infrastructure;
- Utilizing technical understanding that spans multiple platforms and portfolio of applications with demonstrated knowledge of the business strategic priorities in order to resolve complex problems;
- Utilizing regional data center and operations functions to support the integration of key priorities and understanding of application service operation management principles;
- Directing a team while leading projects and initiatives related to operations and process improvements with internal staff, contractors and managed service vendors;
- Managing multiple application support areas covering a variety of applications and sourcing models;
- Interacting with senior leadership and peers across the organization to impact the strategic direction of application support processes;
- Driving compliance to SLA's for application support;
- Defining short and long term plans for application support based on strategic priorities of business;
- Translating the RDC and operations plan by leading others and performing work with significant independence; and,
- Supporting and facilitating formal and informal coaching and development activities for employees and coordinating contractors and managed services assignments.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-productstechseniormanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.