PWC Technology Talent & Workforce - Talent & Impact Lead Product OwnerJob Category Information Technology Line of Service Business Services Level Senior Manager Specialty/Competency IFS - Information Technology (IT) Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 409261WD Location(s) NC-Raleigh, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Cleveland, SC-Columbia, OH-Columbus, TX-Dallas, VA-Richmond, MD-Baltimore, NY-Rochester, IL-Rosemont, CA-Sacramento, MA-Boston, MO-St. Louis, UT-Salt Lake City, TX-San Antonio, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, WA-Seattle, SC-Spartanburg, NY-Albany, CT-Stamford, FL-Tampa, OH-Toledo, GA-Atlanta, OK-Tulsa, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, CO-Denver, IA-Des Moines, MI-Detroit, NY-Buffalo, NJ-Florham Park, TX-Fort Worth, NC-Greensboro, FL-Hallandale Beach/Miami, CT-Hartford, TX-Houston, IN-Indianapolis, MI-Grand Rapids, CA-Irvine, FL-Jacksonville, MO-Kansas City, NV-Las Vegas, AR-Little Rock, CA-Los Angeles, KY-Louisville, AL-Birmingham, US-Remote, AR-Fayetteville, NY-Melville, WI-Milwaukee, MN-Minneapolis, VT-Montpelier, TN-Nashville, LA-New Orleans, NY-New York, OK-Oklahoma City, FL-Orlando, PA-Philadelphia, AZ-Phoenix, PA-Pittsburgh, OR-Portland
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Business Analysis - Practice Support team oversees Information Technology project lifecycles to help align our Information Technology solutions with our business needs by identifying and addressing gaps. As a part of the team, you’ll help optimise opportunity cost, document the right requirements to create solutions that meet user needs, improve efficiency by reducing rework, and shortening project timelines.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Global People Technology team is responsible for the strategy, support and operational maintenance of our network-wide Human Capital technologies. We support the business led people strategy by providing an optimised toolset to enable these critical and rapidly evolving processes. Our mission is to be curious trusted advisors who collaborate to deliver simple, personalised experiences for our people.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) of progressive roles managing IT system/software development and project management processes
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success working on Human Capital technology projects, preferably for a global network of professional services firms including:
- Possessing expertise in talent and performance technologies and business processes;
- Understanding of product implementation and management experience with custom off the shelf (COTS) and SaaS applications;
- Demonstrating experience setting and driving product roadmaps;
- Displaying awareness of project management methodologies, tools and techniques;
- Reinforcing governance structures, including guiding principles alignment, impact considerations, driving to collaborative and consistent recommendations and decisions;
- Utilizing a collaborative working style within and across teams at all levels, both internally and with vendors;
- Exhibiting superior communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to communicate verbally and in written formats;
- Participating in art of the possible discussions related to future functionality and creative solutioning;
- Possessing influencing and negotiating skills;
- Displaying global acumen, by having worked across cultures and backgrounds;
- Managing time, workloads, and priorities in a proactive manner;
- Facilitating and encouraging creativity and forward-thinking suggestions;
- Providing relevant, accurate and up-to- date information to leadership;
- Driving alignment to established technology standards, practices and processes;
- Willingness to dive in and be a team player;
- Leading continuous improvement efforts across the products and regions;
- Applying financial acumen to the development, management and control of budgets;
- Leading strategic oversight of projects and delivery as required, from analysis through to implementation;
- Assisting with troubleshooting/resolution of escalated product issues;
- Managing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and the development of dashboard reporting, usage statistics, administrator actions and other service-relevant data;
- Identifying business issues and liaising with relevant business and IT leaders to maintain alignment;
- Utilizing and being aware of technical security operations and information security standards;
- Driving continuous service improvements for the customer and end user experiences;
- Keeping current on new capabilities of Talent & Impact technologies, market trends, and other industry products and technologies;
- Displaying customer focused background with commercial awareness and strategic thinking capability;
- Providing high levels of customer service to IT users in a large organization;
- Possessing experience with stakeholder and vendor management and escalation liaison;
- Collaborating with Operations Managers to craft communications for service outages and interruptions & technology changes to the business;
- Drafting communications for enhancements;
- Approving internal requests for changes (RFCs); and,
- Reviewing and analyzing regular application-related reports provided by Operations Manager to identify trending issues and to drive efficiencies.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Albany (NY), California, Colorado, Nevada, New York City, Washington State, or Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-ifsseniormanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live anywhere and work for PwC
We’ve introduced a hybrid work model with three ways of working: virtual, flex and in-person.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.