Strategic Alliance Sales Director (CRE): SAP
PwC’s Sales and Marketing team, within Business Services, is a client focused group that is responsible for positioning the PwC brand and driving long-term growth. You’ll work to drive consistency in executing our client relationship and business development strategy, as well as manage our sales framework to help deliver value on key business initiatives. A career in Sales and Marketing will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and drive long-term revenue growth for the Firm.
The PwC Professional
What does it take?
The PwC Professional gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
It describes the key capabilities needed in order to meet the expectations of our clients, colleagues and communities in today’s changing global marketplace.
Whatever the role, level or expertise you bring to PwC, we look for people who love making a difference wherever they can.
- Whole Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Technical Capabilities
- Global Acumen
Our values and behaviors define the expectations we have for working together and with clients. We all contribute to the culture of PwC. At PwC, we cultivate an environment in which our differences are embraced and our people feel comfortable bringing their whole selves to work.
- We act with integrity
- We make a difference
- We care
- We work together
- We reimagine the possible
Benefits / Rewards
We offer comprehensive medical coverage, vision care, dental and health savings accounts.
PwC offers a 401(k) Savings Plan and a Wealth Builder retirement plan completely funded by PwC.
Eligible new parents receive, within the first year from birth or adoption/foster placement, 12 weeks of paid parental leave. Parents have the option to work 60% of hours, at full-time pay, for an additional four weeks immediately following paid parental leave.
Paid Time Off
The Firm recognizes 13 paid holidays and provides extended Firm holidays around the July 4 holiday and Christmas and New Year holiday. You accrue vacation time of between three weeks (15 work days) and one month (22 work days) per year, based upon staff classification and length of service with PwC.
PwC will provide you with a personalized learning experience — using on-the-job training, real-time development, smart technology and data and analytics, giving you customized access to formal and informal learning.
Be Well, Work Well
Through our increased focus on well-being, we are shifting the mindset of how we work. We will provide you with the skills and knowledge to prioritize your well-being with opportunities and resources for your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
A career in Sales and Marketing will provide you with the opportunity to focus on positioning a distinctive PwC brand in the marketplace and drive long term revenue growth for the Firm. You’ll focus on designing, developing, and implementing communication programmes and media events to promote and sell the PwC’s brand and services as well as contribute to and evaluating our pricing strategies in the marketplace. Our Business Development team supports PwC and its clients by developing sales strategies, executing tactics, and securing the resources required to close sales opportunities. As part of the team, you’ll be managing sales pursuits and the sales pipeline, helping the account team in identifying, qualifying and closing sales leads, and coordinating the utilisation of all account management methodology and business development tools.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Director, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Support team to disrupt, improve and evolve ways of working when necessary.
- Arrange and sponsor appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations.
- Identify gaps in the market and spot opportunities to create value propositions.
- Look for opportunities to scale efficiencies and new ways of working across multiple projects and environments.
- Create an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- I promote and encourage others to value difference when working in diverse teams.
- Drive and take ownership for developing connections that help deliver what is best for our people and stakeholders.
- Influence and facilitate the creation of long-term relationships which add value to the firm.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
General Education Development (GED)
Minimum Years of Experience:
Preferred Fields of Study:
Business Administration/Management, Marketing, Economics, Computer and Information Science
Additional Educational Preferences:
Other business related fields of study may be considered.
Demonstrates thought leader-level abilities with, and/or a proven record of success directing efforts including:
- Exhibiting extensive knowledge of professional services selling and the ability to build and sustain long term relations with Technology Alliances and clients to drive revenue;
- Showcasing success in an individual contributor sales role for a professional services and or technology solution organization;
- Understanding of the structure, key issues, language, and environment of one or more industry/sector groups with an ability to discuss and explain current and emerging issues within one or more industry sectors, including services and technology applicable to those needs and effectively engage with executive level clients and with technology-focused PwC resources;
- Utilizing extensive experience and demonstrating effectiveness and success across sales competencies;
- Demonstrating complex Alliance management and team selling;
- Initiating sales calls and contacts; pursuing prospects to secure meetings; winning referrals and exploring sales opportunities;
- Soliciting information from Alliances and clients to effectively qualify and scope opportunities;
- Playing an active role in discussing and developing solutions with client teams and clients;
- Understanding client business issues and matching them to service capabilities/revenue opportunities;
- Leading and coaching complex sales processes through effective targeting of buyers and influencers;
- Overcoming objections and obstacles to win the business, develop and execute a targeted relationship and account development strategy;
- Utilizing sales cycle methodology, account, and relationship development methodology;
- Demonstrating relationship effectiveness, including the ability to establish and develop long-term Alliance, PwC Account Team, and client relationships;
- Effectively representing both Alliance and client needs to establish appropriate solutions are brought to the client;
- Building trust with the Alliance;
- Successfully navigating a complex internal organization consisting of dozens of distinct capabilities and practices;
- Thriving in an unstructured and evolving team and organizational environment;
- Demonstrating personal effectiveness, including a proven ability to accomplish and exceed goals within challenging, complex organizations;
- Projecting executive presence and professionalism sufficient to interact with C-level executives and senior partners;
- Remaining tenacious and undeterred by criticism and setbacks; and,
- Meeting significant targets and goals with minimal oversight and direction on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basic.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington State, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-ifsdirector