Systems Engineer (Puppet)
Systems Engineer (Puppet)
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Operations Support team monitors the overall quality of our service. As a part of the team, you’ll be the primary contact for ensuring the quality of our services is maintained while also considering better ways to provide the same service in a more cost efficient manner and keeping customer satisfaction with our services high.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
The Systems Engineer will be a member of the GHS Ops team & come to PwC having DevOps experience in one or more config management platforms (Puppet, Ansible, Chef), as well as extensive platform experience with both *Nix and Windows. The role holder will be a SME for all config management stemming from the Puppet Enterprise platform and will be responsible for the maintenance & overall integrity of the platform to ensure it is always available and operating at maximum efficiency.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) of senior system administration and configuration management of large enterprise scale IT infrastructures.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems
Puppet Certification, Microsoft Certified Professional, Linux Certification, ITIL certification
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader:
- Working knowledge of Puppet backend infrastructure (MoM, DB, CM), and all facets of console administration;
- Detailed understanding of Puppet modules and manifest composition;
- Showcasing knowledge with versioning control systems; specifically Git;
- Driving system administration/engineering of multiple Linux flavors and Windows Server;
- Scripting proficiency (i.e Bash, Python, PowerShell, etc);
- Highlighting knowledge and administration of common cloud providers (Azure, GCP, AWS);
- Demonstrating an understanding/commitment to ITIL processes and standards;
- Demonstrating an understanding/commitment to SDLC stages;
- Working with third-party service providers to establish quality and consistent delivery of service to published SLAs;
- Maintaining compliance with Change Control Processes and adhering to standards and documentation;
- Monitoring Service Desk systems (ServiceNow) and responding to issues that have been escalated to the GHS that are Puppet or configuration related;
- Working with other GHS Operations teams to establish that an IT Continuity plan is in place for Puppet and tested annually;
- Managing the collation of data and the distribution of daily and monthly operational reports as required;
- Being responsible for awareness and compliance with all aspects relating to policy and guidelines of the Information Security Management System (ISMS), including but not limited to the Information Security Policy (ISP);
- Creating, adopting and staying compliant with all processes and procedures relating to server technology and facilities to maintain certifications such as SOC-2 and BSI 27001;
- Performing all related job functions following established processes and procedures in order to preserve the confidentiality of information hosted and managed by the PwC IT Service Co from unauthorized disclosure;
- Protecting the integrity of information hosted and managed by the PwC IT Service Co. from unauthorized or accidental modification, and protecting the accuracy and completeness of this information; and,
- Being responsible for reporting any (known or suspected) breach in information security or policies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsmanager.