Tech Lead - Senior ManagerJob Category Products and Technology Level Senior Manager Specialty/Competency IFS - Information Technology (IT) Industry/Sector Not Applicable Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 20% Job ID 403345WD Location(s) NC-Raleigh, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, OH-Cincinnati, OH-Cleveland, SC-Columbia, OH-Columbus, TX-Dallas, VA-Richmond, MD-Baltimore, NY-Rochester, IL-Rosemont, CA-Sacramento, MA-Boston, MO-St. Louis, UT-Salt Lake City, TX-San Antonio, CA-San Diego, CA-San Francisco, CA-San Jose, WA-Seattle, SC-Spartanburg, NY-Albany, CT-Stamford, FL-Tampa, OH-Toledo, GA-Atlanta, OK-Tulsa, TX-Austin, DC-Washington, CO-Denver, IA-Des Moines, MI-Detroit, NY-Buffalo, NJ-Florham Park, TX-Fort Worth, NC-Greensboro, FL-Hallandale Beach/Miami, CT-Hartford, TX-Houston, IN-Indianapolis, MI-Grand Rapids, CA-Irvine, FL-Jacksonville, MO-Kansas City, NV-Las Vegas, AR-Little Rock, CA-Los Angeles, KY-Louisville, AL-Birmingham, US-Remote, AR-Fayetteville, NY-Melville, WI-Milwaukee, MN-Minneapolis, VT-Montpelier, TN-Nashville, LA-New Orleans, NY-New York, OK-Oklahoma City, FL-Orlando, PA-Philadelphia, AZ-Phoenix, PA-Pittsburgh, OR-Portland
A career in Products and Technology is an opportunity to bring PwC's strategy to life by driving products and technology into everything we deliver. Our clients expect us to bring the right people and the right technology to solve their biggest problems; Products and Technology is here to help PwC meet that challenge and accelerate the growth of our business. We have skilled technologists, data scientists, product managers and business strategists who are using technology to accelerate change. Our team is responsible for all software engineering activities to ensure that business objectives are met. This includes the creation, development, design, and improvement of products, software, applications, and services. These roles are responsible for the development of computer programming systems and applications including the design, coding, testing and deployment of products and solutions to meet business obligations.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader, at all grades/levels and in all lines of service. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Take action to ensure everyone has a voice, inviting opinion from all.
- Establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, rather than just the symptoms.
- Initiate open and honest coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Develop specialised expertise in one or more areas.
- Advise stakeholders on relevant technical issues for their business area.
- Navigate the complexities of global teams and engagements.
- Build trust with teams and stakeholders through open and honest conversation.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) of progressive application development roles focused on MicroSoft Full Stack Technologies.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming
Additional Educational Preferences:
Bachelor's degree or in lieu of a degree, demonstrating, in addition to the minimum years of experience required for the role, three years of specialized training and/or progressively responsible work experience in technology for each missing year of college.
Demonstrates SME level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing efforts with identifying and addressing client needs:
- Supervising and establishing delivery of project initiatives;
- Building trusting and influential relationships and engaging with vendors and third parties as appropriate;
- Collaborating with architects, other leads and developers to provide technical design guidance to align with strategy and applicable technical standards;
- Working independently to evaluate and make strategic decisions that will address specific technology design needs;
- Adept in using Agile development methodologies and Scrum to deliver data driven approaches;
- Demonstrating proficiency with Microsoft Tech Stack: SQL Server, and MicroSoft Azure, .Net Framework, Azure DevOps (ADO), C#, .NET Framework, MS SQL;
- Demonstrating experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. CosmosDB, MongoDB);
- Building application integrations using API, REST and SOAP web services;
- Understanding Data Integration Tools (SSIS, Informatica, API Management, Enterprise Service Bus (pref Kafka), and Rules Engine (pref BizTalk);
- Implementing query analysis and performance optimization;
- Showcasing technical understanding that spans multiple platforms and portfolio of applications with demonstrated knowledge of the business strategic priorities in order to resolve complex problems;
- Demonstrating proficiency with fundamental front-end \ web technologies such as HTML, CSS, JSON;
- Demonstrating proficiency with server-side languages such as Python;
- Demonstrating proficiency with Containers & Orchestration (esp Kubernetes);
- Demonstrating proficiency with CI/CD (Azure DevOps \ ADO);
- Demonstrating experience using unit testing tools (Jest, Mocha, Cucumber, nUnit, MOQ);
- Demonstrating experience with Salesforce and Workday API's;
- Demonstrating highly effective verbal communication skills, problem-solving skills with attention to detail;
- Designing, Developing, testing and deploying robust products that are fast, scalable and highly responsive;
- Designing and maintaining large and complex databases, both relational and non-relational databases;
- Establishing, refining and integrating development environment tools and software as needed;
- Identifying production and non-production application issues as a part of the deployment;
- Deploying applications on cloud infra with the ability to quickly debug hosting related issues; and,
- Demonstrating the ability to contribute individually and as a team leader.
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in California, Colorado, New York City, Washington State, and Westchester County (NY), please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-productstechseniormanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live anywhere and work for PwC
We’ve introduced a hybrid work model with three ways of working: virtual, flex and in-person.Learn more
Top reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Learn more about what we do
As you prepare to submit your application, take time to review our different career areas and practice teams.Learn more
Entry level recruiting process and FAQs
Learn more about our recruiting process, application deadline and assessment.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
At PwC we offer a comprehensive, flexible and competitive benefits program.
Building on a culture of belonging
At PwC, we are committed to equality and we focus on creating a culture of belonging. We care for our people and are committed to inclusion, understanding and respect for all.