US Tech - Sr. Developer
US Tech - Sr. Developer
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth. Our Information Technology Development team helps develop and supports internal information technology systems and applications for use by all staff levels. You’ll help our team develop programmes and applications that cater to PwC’s strategic technology needs using your knowledge of technical domains of application.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
4 year(s) of professional experience involving technology-focused process improvements, transformations, and/or system implementations.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Computer and Information Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology
Additional Educational Preferences:
Minimum degree: Bachelor's degree or in lieu of a degree, demonstrating, in addition to the minimum years of experience required for the role, three years of specialized training and/or progressively responsible work experience in technology for each missing year of college.
Demonstrates extensive abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Managing technical systems and translate business plans into application technical objectives;
- Serving as a trusted advisor to business stakeholders and relationship teams providing thought leadership to promote innovation and/or cost reduction;
- Working within established Software Development Lifecycles and methodologies including agile, scrum, iterative & waterfall to support the success of the organization;
- Learning rapidly and continuously taking advantage of new technologies, concepts and business models; demonstrated history of staying current in emerging technology trends;
- Displaying initiative and ability to develop applications in a self directed and self-disciplined manner;
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and novel approaches to enhance business processes and/or create competitive advantage to PwC;
- Working collaboratively with other developers, including participating in code reviews;
- Communicating effectively both verbally and written with project team members;
- Utilizing analytic thinking skills with the ability to identify, debug, and resolve technical issues;
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues: providing design guidance that follows the enterprise architecture vision and adheres to application technology guidelines; and understanding and mitigating the impact of technical design to security, performance and data privacy;
- Delivering solutions within an Agile methodology, while establishing quality, timeliness and adherence to standard architectural practice and guidelines;
- Designing, improving and integrating business processes across disparate systems; and,
- Participating in design standards work streams up through ratification.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in technical knowledge and skills in the following areas of application development:
- Demonstrating knowledge of Microsoft Stack (C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, .NET Framework, MS SQL);
- Utilizing cloud (Designing, building and deploying cloud-centric solutions on Azure and/or GCP);
- Demonstrating knowledge of Containers & Orchestration including Docker, Swarm and Kubernetes;
- Demonstrating knowledge of CI/CD (VSTS RM, Jenkins);
- Demonstrating knowledge of integration by building application integrations using REST and SOAP web services;
- Demonstrating knowledge of Design Styles, Patterns and Methodologies such as MVC, SOA, Microservice, SPA, MVC/MVP & 12Factor;
- Showing knowledge of Development Lifecycles and methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, Lean, TDD, Iterative & Waterfall;
- Demonstrating knowledge of SQL database technologies (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle and/or PostgreSQL); and,
- Utilizing unit testing tools (Jest, Mocha, Cucumber, nUnit, MOQ).
At PwC, our work model includes three ways of working: virtual, in-person, and flex (a hybrid of in-person and virtual). Visit the following link to learn more: https://pwc.to/ways-we-work.
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoproductstechmanager.