Credit Modeling Senior AssociateJob Category Data and Analytics Line of Service Consulting Services Level Senior Associate Specialty/Competency Data, Analytics & AI Industry/Sector Banking and Capital Markets Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 40% Job ID 477895WD Location(s) FL-Tampa, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, DC-Washington, MA-Boston, NY-New York, TX-Dallas, PA-Philadelphia
A career within Data and Analytics services will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge. Our team helps clients navigate various analytics applications to get the most value out of their technology investment and foster confidence in their business intelligence. As part of our team, you'll help our clients implement enterprise content and data management applications that improve operational effectiveness and provide impactful data analytics and insights.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
- Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities, coaching them to deliver results.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and the ability to bring order to unstructured problems.
- Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current industry or sector trends.
- Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
- Know how and when to use tools available for a given situation and can explain the reasons for this choice.
- Seek and embrace opportunities which give exposure to different situations, environments and perspectives.
- Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing and connecting with others.
- Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality relationships.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Doctor of Philosophy
Preferred Fields of Study:
Economics, Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Statistics, Statistics
Demonstrates a thorough level of abilities with, and/or a proven record of success as both an individual contributor and team member with development and validation of econometric, statistical, and AI/ML models coupled with the ability to lead complex projects, develop new opportunities, and motivate teams:
- Econometric/statistical, machine learning, and other analytical modeling;
- Proficiency in analytical software and tools including Python, SAS, R, SQL and other applications, such as Microsoft Excel/VBA and Access;
- Retail and/or wholesale credit risk models, including underwriting scorecards, loss forecasting models, prepayment models, and/or complex discounted cash flow models;
- Statistical and machine learning techniques for analyzing financial data, including: survival analysis, time series analysis, GLM, logistic regression, XGboost, LightGBM, Random Forest, Neural Networks, decision tree analysis, and cluster analyses;
- Model documentation and/or model validation report writing;
- Thorough understanding of model risk management concepts and practices;
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of rules and regulations, including SR11-7/OCC 11-12, SR 15-1819, CECL, IFRS9; and,
- Exhibits proven verbal and written communication skills.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader in the following areas:
- Modeling experience in the financial industry covering retail (e.g., mortgages, credit cards, auto loans) and wholesale (e.g., Commercial and Industrial, Commercial Real Estate) credit underwriting and loss forecasting models including CECL, IFRS 9 and CCAR as well as other business areas such as marketing and collections, fraud detection/scoring models.
- Expertise in multiple modeling methodologies including survival analysis, transition rate modeling, time series analysis, credit scoring, Monte Carlo simulation, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning techniques such as neural networks and tree based algorithms etc.; and,
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to interface effectively with modelers/validators and all levels of client management.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in California, Colorado, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisoryseniorassociate
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Diversity, equity and inclusion at PwC
Building on a culture of belonging.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
Top Reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.
Our approach to bringing generative AI to businesses is rooted in building trust and delivering outcomes.