Credit Modeling Senior ManagerJob Category Data and Analytics Line of Service Consulting Services Level Senior Manager Specialty/Competency Data, Analytics & AI Industry/Sector Banking and Capital Markets Job Type Regular Time Type Full time Travel Requirements Up to 40% Job ID 477894WD Location(s) FL-Tampa, NC-Charlotte, IL-Chicago, DC-Washington, MA-Boston, NY-New York, TX-Dallas, PA-Philadelphia
A career within Data and Analytics services will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. We make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge. Our team helps clients navigate various analytics applications to get the most value out of their technology investment and foster confidence in their business intelligence. As part of our team, you'll help our clients implement enterprise content and data management applications that improve operational effectiveness and provide impactful data analytics and insights.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
Minimum Years of Experience:
Doctor of Philosophy
Preferred Fields of Study:
Economics, Statistics, Mathematical Economics, Mathematical Statistics
Demonstrates intimate-level abilities and/or a proven record of success managing development and validation of econometric, statistical, and AI/ML models coupled with the ability to lead complex projects, develop new opportunities, and motivate teams:
- Econometric/statistical, machine learning, and other analytical modeling;
- Retail and/or wholesale credit risk models, including underwriting scorecards, loss forecasting models, prepayment models, and/or complex discounted cash flow models;
- Statistical and machine learning techniques for analyzing financial data, including: survival analysis, time series analysis, GLM, logistic regression, XGboost, LightGBM, Random Forest, Neural Networks, decision tree analysis, and cluster analyses;
- Model documentation and/or model validation report writing;
- Intimate understanding of model risk management concepts and practices;
- Demonstrates intimate-level knowledge of rules and regulations, including SR11-7/OCC 11-12, SR 15-1819, CECL, IFRS9;
- Exhibits proven verbal and written communication skills;
- Proven ability to lead teams and complex engagements; and,
- Established business development experience in the consulting industry.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in the following areas:
- Modeling experience in the financial industry covering retail (e.g., mortgages, credit cards, auto loans) and wholesale (e.g., Commercial and Industrial, Commercial Real Estate) credit underwriting and loss forecasting models including CECL, IFRS 9 and CCAR as well as other business areas such as marketing and collections, fraud detection/scoring models;
- Expertise in multiple modeling methodologies including survival analysis, transition rate modeling, time series analysis, credit scoring, Monte Carlo simulation, Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning techniques such as neural networks and tree based algorithms etc.;
- Proficiency in analytical software and tools including Python, SAS, R, SQL and other applications, such as Microsoft Excel/VBA and Access;
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to interface with modelers/validators and all levels of client management;
- Managing all technical and logistical aspects of short and long projects with teams of various sizes, including fully geographically dispersed virtual teams;
- Leading and mentoring teams, which includes creating a positive environment by providing constructive feedback, monitoring workload of the team, respecting the work-life quality of team members, providing feedback in a timely manner, performing a critical review of other’s work, informally coaching staff, and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues;
- Leading business development activities, including building networks of contacts, identifying and developing opportunities, writing proposals, writing contracts, etc.; and,
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including building solid client relationships, developing an awareness of Firm services, and technological advances in the industry.
Learn more about how we work: https://pwc.to/how-we-work
PwC does not intend to hire experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth within the following policy: https://pwc.to/H-1B-Lottery-Policy.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions in California, Colorado, Nevada, New York State, or Washington State, please visit the following link for pay range information: https://pwc.to/payrange-v1-advisoryseniormanager
PwC Recruiting: H-1B Lottery Policy
PwC currently is not hiring experienced or entry level job seekers who will need, now or in the future, PwC sponsorship through the H-1B lottery, except as set forth here.Learn more
Live and work flexibly
At PwC, it’s about being flexible for what matters most. Our work model allows for this through our hybrid way of working.Learn more
Diversity, equity and inclusion at PwC
Building on a culture of belonging.Learn more
The firm offers a comprehensive set of benefits around mental health and well-being through our Be Well, Work Well initiatives.Learn more
Receive email alerts when jobs become available and match your specified area(s) of interest.
Top Reasons to work at PwC
Explore the top reasons to work at PwC.
Our approach to bringing generative AI to businesses is rooted in building trust and delivering outcomes.